LegacyGT.com

question for audio experts

SpecBGuy

i want a little more bass for my car but i dont want a box in my trunk. i was wondering if i can just add a amp under passenger seat and new speakers to add bass. i know nothing about sound system so help me out. i have a infiniti bass + amp from my old car but it still takes up space in my trunk which i really cant have. any thoughts :rolleyes:

thanks

theres a few options you can do, you have the oem sub that fits under your seat but im not sure if its fits on the spec b cause of the navi brain under the seat ?

it may fit under the other seat but like i said not 100% sure or you can do an aftrmarket unit like this

http://outlet.crutchfield.com/p_023THB200A/Blaupunkt-THb-200A.html?cc=02&tp=13733&tab=review

you can add a sub in the sparetire area as well a member here was selling them do a search it all depends on how much and how fancy you want this to go...

if you want a lil more bass just keep it simple...

I just built a similar box for my wife's wagon and it was well worth the effort, IMO.

Often when you go to aftermarket speakers you lose bass compared to stock. Stock speakers are specifically designed to be very efficient over a wide range of frequencies while aftermarket speakers tend to be designed for better sound quality at the higher frequencies and have trouble with anything much below 80 HZ.

man the spare tire sub is nice but i just want it really simple. so if i get an amp and new speakers this wont add little more bass?

yes it will add a little more bass but not ground pounding "sub" bass.

find someone near you that has an aftermarket setup or go listen at your local audio shop.

if you were near me id let you demo my car when i turn off my sub my setup still sounds great... i have polks in the rear doors and pioneer premiers in the fronts.

I just built a similar box for my wife's wagon and it was well worth the effort, IMO.

Often when you go to aftermarket speakers you lose bass compared to stock. Stock speakers are specifically designed to be very efficient over a wide range of frequencies while aftermarket speakers tend to be designed for better sound quality at the higher frequencies and have trouble with anything much below 80 HZ.

she'd be bumping and grinding in the car with you now huh:rolleyes:.. wont amp raise the frequencies or HZ?

yes it will add a little more bass but not ground pounding "sub" bass.

find someone near you that has an aftermarket setup or go listen at your local audio shop.

if you were near me id let you demo my car when i turn off my sub my setup still sounds great... i have polks in the rear doors and pioneer premiers in the fronts.

i just need some bass for my ears not to shake other peoples car near me :) ill check out some audio stores but dont really trust them cuz they bull shiet to sell anything. if nothing works out ill just keep it stock for now..

i want a little more bass for my car but i dont want a box in my trunk. i was wondering if i can just add a amp under passenger seat and new speakers to add bass. i know nothing about sound system so help me out. i have a infiniti bass + amp from my old car but it still takes up space in my trunk which i really cant have. any thoughts :rolleyes:

thanks

yours is 9spk with HK amp sys (sub sit at rear deck) ?

beside, i heard few underseat subs (subaru's, kenwood, BASS ..etc). they're all worthless as others mention above!

mark

yours is 9spk with HK amp sys (sub sit at rear deck) ?

beside, i heard few underseat subs (subaru's, kenwood, BASS ..etc). they're all worthless as others mention above!

mark

yours is 09 so u have the sound system but mines 08 so i have regular crap.

hey specbguy... here what youll have to do if you want more bass off the stock head...

youll need a jl cleansweep (cuts out factory limitations)

then youll need an amp (under the passenger seat) and your new speakers. (i suggest components front and 3-ways rear)

And you can customize it like adding an equilizer before the amp, you can still have the subaru sub too (under the passenger seat, but youll need to have the cleansweep and the amp in the trunk) its not great but it still does add bass..

if you want just bass then youll need a sub and a box.

This is only true if you are mating aftermarket speakers with stock head units.

same is true even with aftermarket head units with stock speakers.

stock speakers in most cases are only able to handle 25-50W as the hu only outputs 25-50W, now when you upgrade your speakers to like 100W w/o an amp your maken you HU work harder and the sound is not as good and the volume is lower than it would be with 100W output from an HU.

if you have an 100W/ch HU with stock speakers you are over powering your speakers which can drive them harder then they should be which will cause the sound to be a bit raspy and the speakers will fail quicker.

Just picked up (like 10 minutes ago) my car from the audio installer. Stock head unit with roady xm radio, 2005 LGT sedan btw. Alpine MRP-F600 amp in the trunk, Alpine Type S 6 1/2 inch replacement speakers in the doors with Hi/Lo compnent tweeters. New wiring to handle the signal from the amp.

Sounds awsome to me. I'm not an audiophile. No cleansweep, way more then I need.

Cheers

hey specbguy... here what youll have to do if you want more bass off the stock head...

youll need a jl cleansweep (cuts out factory limitations)

then youll need an amp (under the passenger seat) and your new speakers. (i suggest components front and 3-ways rear)

There are much better units than the cleansweep available now. It's a good but it's more limited than some of it's competition.

Spending money on rears is a waste, IMO, spend it on better fronts.

And you can customize it like adding an equilizer before the amp, you can still have the subaru sub too (under the passenger seat, but youll need to have the cleansweep and the amp in the trunk) its not great but it still does add bass..

The Subaru sub is good for a paperweight and not much else. Using it with upgraded speakers will sound horrible, I tried it.

if you want just bass then youll need a sub and a box.

Agreed, but you'll probably have a hard time blending it with the rest of the system

This is only true if you are mating aftermarket speakers with stock head units.

same is true even with aftermarket head units with stock speakers.

Actually it's true pretty much across the board but it's probably more that the higher and midrange frequencies are reproduced much better by good 6.5" components making the bass seem relatively weak.

Archived