LegacyGT.com

1999 Legacy L

neboo

I found a 99 Legacy L. It is an automatic, 2.5 engine, has all the options, etc. The girl bought it from a Subaru dealer 2 years ago that replaced the engine. The car has 130k on it but the new engine has less than 60k. I drove the car and everything mechanically seemed good. I mean there are a couple interior things that could use a fix but nothing big. The only thing that bothers me is that the check engine light is on. She does all her work at the dealer so she is going to take it there and see if they will check why it is on. If it comes back clean is this car a good deal at the $3000 she is asking? She is actually asking 3k obo, so I may ask lower, but how low is too low?

Also, is there anything else I should be looking for when I go back? The engine looked very clean with no signs of oil leakage anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I had her get the check engine light checked out. Turns out it was the gas cap that needed to be tightened because there is a little bit of rust by it which caused a tiny air leak. Doesnt seem like anything major. Once they get the title back from the bank I am going to pick it up.

Archived