LegacyGT.com

tinting the mirror signals

OCDetails

I've got some left over material from the smoked headlight covers that I bought and was thinking about tinting the blinkers on my mirrors. I used some of the material to tint the amber corners on the headlights and I thought this would be kind of cool looking too. One question I have that maybe someone here can help me with, is what kind of bulb is in the signal on the mirror? If I tint it then I am going to want to put a brighter bulb in there to compensate. Could someone tell me what bulb is in the turn signals on the headlights too? I want to get another one of those too. I'll post pictures when I get them done.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

bummer... ok then. I won't worry about them. They won't be visible from the distance they are now, but I've been driving for 15 years without signals on the mirrors and I doubt tinting them will cause any accidents. ;)

OCDETAILS BLOG

I was talking to DM about this tint.. actually, there is a company in Japan that sells pre-tinted replacement lenses in over 12 different colors for the side mirrors.. I was trying to find the yellow/gold set for him.. I will post up the link when I find it again..

Keefe

Keefe

man forget about tinting them signals..i'd like to get some blue LED's and hook those up, once the weather in WI gets warmer.

Modding a police vehichle? Law enforcement are the only ones allowed to have blue lights on their vehichles.

Blue and red lights on the front of your car are generally reserved for emergency vehicles in most states. Putting a flashing red or blue bulb anywhere in your car is going to get you a ticket for impersonating a police officer or something like that. It may not be the intent, but that is what they'll cite you for. Check your state's motor vehicle code and you'll see that it probably very clearly states that.

OCDETAILS BLOG

It was hard getting good before/after shots. This is the best one I got and its not that great. The passenger side is smoked and the driver side isn't. I've got both sides done now and it looks much better I think.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/160-6080_IMG.jpg

OCDETAILS BLOG

I just checked them out in the dark and they are still plenty visible at night. Like it was said somewhere else, they aren't very useful durring the day anyway. You can still see them in the day, just not as well. I'd like to think that the fact I'm in the turning lane and have two other lights blinking would give people a clue that I'm turning without the added mirrors blinking too. :lol: It cleans up the mirrors a little more I think. Probably what I'll end up doing is taking the lenses off and just painting them with this tinting spray that I've used before. The mirror lenses have some curves that make this material difficult to conform to. Smoking the lenses from the inside will look better I think.

OCDETAILS BLOG

didn't want to start new thread-so i hope this its in. after a slight misunderstanding-my back windshield and and rear windows were tinted darker than my front two windows. the lighter tint on the front is legal but the darker stuff is not. i actually wanted to risk putting the darker tint all around but when i picked the car up the guy told me that i would be a target if i had the darker stuff in front. the thing is they could make me remove the rear if they wanted to. i did not understand his logic.

they did a good job (255 bucks) but is this aesthetically odd??

This is not my beautiful car.

Archived