LegacyGT.com

Steering = poo after ball joint replacement + alignment

gathermewool

I replaced BJ's with new Moogs. I had the local Subie dealership align, and this is what I got:

Front Left/Front Right

Camber: -0.6/-0.1

Caster: 3.0/2.8

Toe: -0.01/0.00

SAI: 13.8/14.8

Incl Ang: 13.3/14.7

Front

Cross Camber: -0.04

Cross Caster: 0.2

Total Toe: -0.01

Rear Left/Rear Right

Camber: -0.9/-1.4

Toe: 0.11/0.03

Rear

Total Toe: 0.14

Thrust Angle: 0.04

When I replaced the struts and tires a couple of years ago I had the tire place do my alignment. Felt fantastic.

When I replaced my tie rods 6 months ago I had the local subie dealership do the alignment for me. Felt some what vague, and not nearly as good as the tire place alignment, but not different enough for me to take it back.

The most recent alignment was done at the same local subie dealership, and the handling is terrible. Before alignment: after exiting a turn, the steering wheel would self-adjust to center - I would literally loosen my hand while the wheel straightened out and regrip when it was centered. After alignment: the wheel stays at the position and requires a little bit of coaxing to re-center. On the highway the center feels very vague and some what hard to control.

Do you guys see anything gross/obvious? Could the ball joints have anything to do with it? Thanks for the help

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Archived