LegacyGT.com

Heater/Vent Issues

Kipper

I have a '93 subaru legacy. I believe I have a bad electrical connection somewhere because the vent/heater blower motor will not work..At first the blower would randomly come on when the car was either warmer or when I hit a pump in the in road..Now it wont even randomly come on so it leads me to believe that this is a bad wire somewhere or a connection. could be a loose wire on the fan speed which or something...does anybody have any suggestions before I rip the dash apart?

Yeah, under each button is an amberish colored light. They should illuminate when you push them in, and you will hear the fan kick on.

In some cases, the wires are loose or the solder has cracked. I do suggest taking it out and at least just fiddling with the main wire harness. Sometimes just removing it and plugging it back in solves the problem. While you have it out, you can inspect for any cracks in the solders.

Fortunately, taking it out is rather simple. You just have to take out a few of the trim rings around the radio and I believe the main cluster to access all the screws. It's not all that complicated, and all you need are a couple different length phillps' screwdrivers.

Archived