LegacyGT.com

05 GT transmission w/ 07 spec.b clutch/engine

weaselchew

I recently purchased an 07 spec.b engine to replace the blown engine in my 05 GT. It arrived with the throwout bearing, clutch pressure plate, disc, & flywheel. They look a bit different than the 05's clutch parts.

While searching, I saw you can replace the 05 GT clutch w/ an 08+ WRX clutch. I also saw that the STi parts will fit on the spec.b. Someone said the STi/spec.b "uses a pull instead of push style clutch like the LGT 5spd. flywheel is the same"

Will a clutch pressure plate & disc for a 6 speed transmission work with a 5 speed transmission? From that last comment, it sounds like "no", but I wanted to check.

I also heard the 07 spec.b has a single mass flywheel? I can't find where I saw it though.

It won't work. SpecB uses pull type clutch vs. push on 05+ LGT. Besides, the 6MT fly/clutch is physically too large for 5MT bellhousing. Pull type 5MT fly/clutch can be used on 6MT but not vice versa.

And, yes, all 07+ LGTs, SpecB or not, use singla mass flywheel. Dual mass flywheel was 05-06 LGT only thing.

Archived