LegacyGT.com

new ipod idrive

domphz

Never heard of it, but in the site it says that it's basically an FM moderator with a cradle. They also claim "that is fitted directly into the back of your head unit without compromising the quality of radio-signal reception", but from what I hear, no matter where the FM moderator is placed, the quality isn't top-notch. I don't know from experience, though, so hopefully someone else can chime in and provide more advice.
-ben

Based on the site's description, the hebestyling device is a modulator that is wired to the antenna input. These are head and shoulders above the quality of those cheesy wireless transmitters (e.g. Griffin iTrip - save your money, the thing is worse than worthless) that plug into the iPod. The signal quality will be good enough, just like a very good FM station. The LGT built-in stereo is ok to my ears, but not great, so pickiness is probably misplaced anyhow. The price of that unit is £95, which is ridiculous. Forty bucks would be about right.

It's too bad that in the 21st century Subaru is building integrated audio systems that don't have line inputs easily available. The parts list for that input would cost pennies, and it would enhance the audio system's value a lot.

Yah I have a cradle that is just an FM modulator now for my I-Pod, sure it gives off a little fuzz and it doesn't pick up all the highs and lows that are on the CDs but its still fine for my listening. But as soon as an easy solution comes out that allows us to directly connect the Ipod I will be doing that but for now the FM modulator is really not that bad at all.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Archived