LegacyGT.com

VF40 18g upgrade

jfg22557

Wow, I'm not sure how you can make 18psi at redline and not have IDC way over 100%. Even guys with VF52 who can hold about 15psi to redline max out stock sidefeed injectors.

You sure your 18g still has the hotside of a vf40? I'll have to post pics of the side by side I took when I replaced my vf40 with the td06-18g, its crazy how much bigger the exhaust wheel is.

Wow, I'm not sure how you can make 18psi at redline and not have IDC way over 100%. Even guys with VF52 who can hold about 15psi to redline max out stock sidefeed injectors.

You sure your 18g still has the hotside of a vf40? I'll have to post pics of the side by side I took when I replaced my vf40 with the td06-18g, its crazy how much bigger the exhaust wheel is.

Positive. My timing is very conservative up high also. I could data log a run so you could see.

270 g/sec on the stock injectors sound about right. I am hitting 255-260 g/sec now with some headroom..AFR is about 11.1 also for me.

I will check my IDCs next log..last time I checked they were in the high 80s or low 90s. As it gets colder I start knocking on 100

270 g/sec on the stock injectors sound about right. I am hitting 255-260 g/sec now with some headroom..AFR is about 11.1 also for me.

I will check my IDCs next log..last time I checked they were in the high 80s or low 90s. As it gets colder I start knocking on 100

Your running the stock turbo? I still feel I can get some more out of this hybrid with more fuel.

Curious to see the logs. When I had that turbo (granted on a Perrin TMIC) I was no where near 18psi at redline. I also has a TDC tune as well. At the most maybe 12psi. It really falls off fast.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Curious to see the logs. When I had that turbo (granted on a Perrin TMIC) I was no where near 18psi at redline. I also has a TDC tune as well. At the most maybe 12psi. It really falls off fast.

Funny you mention this. I had a stock top mount when I first put this turbo on and when I went with the Perrin top mount it did not flow one bit more. I dumped it and went with the XO2 and flow went up 20gs.

I wonder how much of an impact your 15# actuator has on boost at redline. I'm amazed the little vf40 wheel can make 18psi at redline. I can just make 18psi with the full 18g wheel. Here's a pic during my swap, obviously the vf40 is on the left.

043.thumb.jpg.8309c5d998bea38deadd247fabbc3099.jpg

Archived