LegacyGT.com

Can I Tune Out P0400 (EGR Malfunction)?

gathermewool

Like my gf, there's really nothing wrong with my car, and things seem to be going pretty well for the most part. We get a long well. She turns on when I hit the right buttons and she's never let me down. I've chosen to tune out a few things my gf continually brings up. With the legacy there's only one - P0400! I've heard of people tuning out O2 codes for their high-flow cats or catless setups.

I don't know much about tuning, but the EGR system works fine and, instead of spending tons of money trying to fix something that aint broke, I'd like to find a way to get rid of this TDC before emissions are due by mid November...

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

FWIW, I used to warm the car up, clear the code with my scangaugeII, and have the system show "ready" for a few start ups before the P0400 code came back. Since I started battling this code, it seems that the problem has worsened as I've remedied certain things like: replacing the EGR tube; cleaning the EGR valve; replacing all of the vacuum tubing; and swapping out the Back Pressure Xducer. The system responds better than ever, but the code now come back before all readiness tests are even complete. There just doesn't seem like any way to skate by the test except for a tuning fix. I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars, and have the problem still not be fixed...

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Archived