LegacyGT.com

Where do you mount your gauges??

Legasee

I haven't had much luck finding pics of where you guys mount your boost, EGT, etc gauges (yes..I've searched ):rolleyes: I'm definitely gonna get a boost gauge...just wondering what color(s) would go well with the both the 2.5i and GT factory gauges, thanks a lot! :)
In Taiwan now...:spin:

The factory gauges were made by Defi so they would be the best match (they even do the start up cerimony like the factory gauges.) People seem to like installing the gauges in the cubby (where the JDM legacys have there navi system). You can fit two 52mm gauges in there and still keep the door functional. But with 60mm gauges you loose the door. Ill heres some pictures other members have posted. Im sure there are many more.

LGT01a.jpg.4c865ef83445ca64efed98290c5dcea9.jpg

2120863466_Nighttimelitup.JPG.fad02611d007a63dec84ccfa99d52177.JPG

1391899674_OpenCover.JPG.c26f6b3f12c856a74afda92e5484db9b.JPG

1997747870_Closedcover.JPG.785e87321ece14eb4e8a0771e3af23f6.JPG

The factory gauges were made by Defi so they would be the best match (they even do the start up cerimony like the factory gauges.) People seem to like installing the gauges in the cubby (where the JDM legacys have there navi system). You can fit two 52mm gauges in there and still keep the door functional. But with 60mm gauges you loose the door. Ill heres some pictures other members have posted. Im sure there are many more.

Looks awesome!...keep'em coming...and uhhhhh...DEFI gauges are the BEST (and most expensive...but since I'm only getting the manual boost gauge, it probably wo'nt be too bad)...they have that calibrating/sweeping needles (cerimony) like the instruments on the STi's and Legacy's...a discussion topic!...

Keep the pictures coming...:)

(what do the instruments on the 05 non-GT Legacy's look like when lit?...I have yet to see one lit in the dark)

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Just installed my Defi BF (60mm) gauge on my steering column. I put the Defi Link v2 in the cubby hole.

I want a better place to mount my gauge, but I haven't found a good option yet. The cubby was my favorite place, but I ended up with 60mm gauges, and I really wanted to keep the cubby door functional.

I have a feeling I'll be moving the thing, as soon as I figure out a better mounting place (and get another day or two to fab up what I need).

Having many gauges on my WRX, I wanted a way to monitor things on my OBXT. I didn't want to clutter up the interior with a lot of gauges, this is a link on what I have.

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId={801923D6-021A-42F8EVEREST-B82C-C6EBA030B194}&ic=050SCANWRX&eq=&Tp=

It says it is for the WRX, it works just fine for the OBXT and Legacy GT I would assume. Best part of it is that I was only $229.00 shipped. I installed it in my cubby above the clock. Pics to come shortly as soon as I figure out how to post them.

Rick

Is there any info on how the gauges were installed in the cubby. I would love to do this but I don't want to start pulling apart my new 28k car before i have a clue. Is there a kit? Where did the backing plates come from??? Who should I contact for help? Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated....:)

People have posted this info in this forum already. I would suggest doing a search.

As for how they are mounted, a backing plate will need to be made by you. As far as I know, there isn't anything availbale yet. I believe people have stated they found good material at Office Depot, but I could be wrong. You'll find the correct answer in the installation threads.

Having many gauges on my WRX, I wanted a way to monitor things on my OBXT. I didn't want to clutter up the interior with a lot of gauges, this is a link on what I have.

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId={801923D6-021A-42F8EVEREST-B82C-C6EBA030B194}&ic=050SCANWRX&eq=&Tp=

It says it is for the WRX, it works just fine for the OBXT and Legacy GT I would assume. Best part of it is that I was only $229.00 shipped. I installed it in my cubby above the clock. Pics to come shortly as soon as I figure out how to post them.

Rick

That link isn't working. Can you tell us what the product name is?

That link isn't working. Can you tell us what the product name is?

It was working yesterday, it's called the Scanmaster 3. You can get it at www.fullthrottlespeed.com. It's under the electronics and tuning section , then the scan tool section. It's made for the WRX but it works just fine on the LGT and OBXT. It will however not check and clear CEL codes on the LGT & OBXT. A list off what the tool will actually scan:

Boost

Spark advance in degrees

Short Term Fuel Trim

Long Term Fuel Trim

Engine Airflow, Grams per second

RPM

Injector Pulsewith, in milliseconds

Injector Duty Cycle

Throttle Position Sensor (%)

Vehicle Speed

Acceleration (G-meter)

0-60 or quarter mile ET

Coolant temp in degrees F

Battery Voltage

Air temp sensor (intake)

EGT

You can log to a PDA if desired. I basically use mine as gauges, although you can only use one paramater at a time on the display.

Rick

It was working yesterday, it's called the Scanmaster 3. You can get it at www.fullthrottlespeed.com. It's under the electronics and tuning section , then the scan tool section. It's made for the WRX but it works just fine on the LGT and OBXT. It will however not check and clear CEL codes on the LGT & OBXT. A list off what the tool will actually scan:

How big is it, site dosent say. where do you have it mouunted? Does it fit in the cuby?

Link

• 2 weeks later...

Doogdog,

That Scanmaster 3 is pretty slick. It's relatively affordable and has just the features I was looking for. How did you install it? Any instructions?

I'm already getting ideas where I could stealth mount that bad boy :grin:

Doogdog,

That Scanmaster 3 is pretty slick. It's relatively affordable and has just the features I was looking for. How did you install it? Any instructions?

I'm already getting ideas where I could stealth mount that bad boy :grin:

Easy to install... Just plug it into your OBDII port. It was a bit more involved putting it in the cubby (just had to remove and re-install the pins on the connector to slide throught the hole in the cubby), nothing that should take more than an hour or so. If you're thinking of getting this unit (highly reccomended) and need more detailed pics let me know.

Rick

I guess your Scanmaster didn't come with the shown on your pic display.

What kind of display could be used?

Thanks.

Not really understanding the question, maybe I need sleep. Can you rephrase that?

Rick

Archived