LegacyGT.com

5EAT vibration after 76K miles

Subastew

Awhile back I remember posting to the Poll on the 5EAT as Stage I and no problems. Bleh.

Now it stutters, vibrations, or whatever you want to call it after 75K miles. It happens everytime from 1st to 2nd when I get on it, but normal driving habits it seems fine.

I'm going to see if a tranny flush helps any. :icon_frow

Your dad is an old timer ;) Additives are not necessary and possibly harmful. I agree on the drain and replace the filter, disagree on using synthetic, ESPECIALLY since by doing a drain you only replace about 50% at most of the ATF, so by filling with synthetic, you would be running two different AT fluids, different specs, different additive packages, etc. Have you ever serviced the ATF? If I were you, if flushes indeed make you nervous, I would start with a drain and replacement of the filter, followed by two other drains at about a week interval of driving the vehicle.

Thanks fish, good advice. I had a drain at 30k and 55k, but the fluid looks pretty dirty now. Yeah, I think the old man was suggesting the synthetic only if I really wanted the flush and the additive only if I did the drain. I'm just wondering if a flush+filters for $240 makes sense or not. I'll see what Super Rupair recommends.

Too bad he didn't pass on his grease monkey skills to me! That's what I get for being too into software. hehe

ALSO, Change the filter behind the battery. SOA states it can be considered a lifetime filter. I say BULLSHIT. I was getting a minor bucking at idle after letting off the brake from a complete stop (no accel). It was really annoying and no one could figure it out. the Sub tech said it was the torque converter and it was normal. I said BULL SHIT. In any event, we did a complete flush and filter change. Its :) now.

ALSO, a word to the wise, I reccomend you stay with Subaru/Idemitsu genuine ATF. It was related to me that these transmissions can be temperamental and changing to alternate fluids clamiming to be Subaru spec can give you a headache.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived