LegacyGT.com

WTF! 50+HP, 50+ft/lb torque for $10!

A guy I was working with put one in his Tundra and he claimed it smoothed out the mid rpm acceleration a bit, which I suppose is possible since it tricks the computer into advancing the timing, but I chuckled to myself every time he referred to it as a "chip".:rolleyes:

A guy I was working with put one in his Tundra and he claimed it smoothed out the mid rpm acceleration a bit, which I suppose is possible since it tricks the computer into advancing the timing, but I chuckled to myself every time he referred to it as a "chip".:rolleyes:

Hes retarded, its a resistor from radio shack, it does nothing. I had a friend with a 98 cobra tell em the same thing, then i slapped him.

they do make an amplifier for the sending unit on drive-by-wire gas pedals though. I saw one featured in import tuner this month... I'll try to find the link. I guess it basically just sets your ECU to register the gas pedal as being pushed farther forward in every position except for all the way up...

they do make an amplifier for the sending unit on drive-by-wire gas pedals though. I saw one featured in import tuner this month... I'll try to find the link. I guess it basically just sets your ECU to register the gas pedal as being pushed farther forward in every position except for all the way up...

I thought it worked altering the temperature signal going to the ECU to make it think the air coming though the intake was colder than it actually was.:confused: Maybe it's different if you don't have drive by wire.

I get it. So people have become so lazy nowadays that they can't even be bothered to push the gas pedal. Genius :lol:

Archived