LegacyGT.com

Strut leaking..... what to replace with.

subiedude

I had Elbach lowering springs installed a few years back. Although they handled pretty nicely with my Perrin F/R anti sway's... they were beyond harsh if I hit a bump, let alone a pothole. I live in NJ, and with snow and ice... there are always potholes you can't see to avoid. I hit one once, and got bubbles in 2 of my tires which I already replaced. I also re-installed the stock springs.

About a year or so has gone by since. I noticed the car making a "Runt-Runt" sound whenever I go over a bump or up a ramp. When I had the pads replaced, I had it looked it. The strut was leaking fluid. I don't know jack about the internals of a strut, but don't think that is a good thing.

I do not do any track work in my car... just looking for some advice with what to replace them (assuming I need to replace the front as a pair) if not all four.

If you can swing all four get the Koni struts.

Yes, madcatz's thread is a very good read.

If you're really tight on cash you can probably find another owner here unloading their relatively lightly used stock struts and you should be able to get a front set for less than $100.

Cheers!

Archived