LegacyGT.com

Those of you still looking for HIDs....

mmanus88

I know most of the members on this forum have been looking for HID kits for a while, and i read all the time about people's difficulties with burnouts and whatnot. I bought my HIDs from www.blinglights.com . they recently launched a new website interface. i ordered the 6000k HIDs, and installed them without a problem. i didn't even have to cut any holes, everything looks factory (i can only assume that you guys can achieve the same under-the-hood look). they offer a lot of different products; the new VHO HIDs look wicked. Blinglight's reputation speaks for itself; mr_piaa, which is the nickname of the guy who runs bling, is very helpful and informative, his credentials on his ebay store are excellent and it seems like everyone knows him. just wanted to offer another buying options from you guys based on my own experience. of course where you buy is your business.

if you want pics of my 6k kit in action, just pm me. i should be able to get pics posted fairly quickly.

Thanks for the info and the website URL.

You mention that the install requires no drilling (I presume no cutting either). The website mentions that it includes everything needed including a complete connecting harness and ballast mounts. Is this the case?

If you have pics of the install and after effects, please think about posting them up here so the rest of the members can look at the particulars.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

ok, updated. tried to get the best shots i can. as you can tell, everything looks very proffesional, no wires handing around or anything. i didn't have to cut the back cover at all because the cables were long and thin enough to feed through the opening on the side meant for the factory wire harness. the kit was completly plug and play, no splicing or anything like that. took me less than an hour to install.

any questions just ask.

Just make sure you seal up that area where the wires come out behind the housing. Any moisture that gets in there is going to condensate on the inside of the headlight and on the projector itself. Its a huge pain to clean that kind of stuff out. You end up with waterspots on your projector and inside housing. I used a truckload of electric tape to make sure everything was sealed up. It doesn't show at all if you do it that way and it will help seal it all back up.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

ocdetails, the bulbs that came with the HID kit were an exact size match to the factory halogen bulbs that came with the car, this included the little rubber gasket/plug that makes a airtight seal within that small opening that the wires feed through.

deer killer, there are countless places where you cna mount the ballast, i jsut installed them in an easy-access location.

You probably want to mount the ballasts in a location where (just in case if a five-o ask to see the goodies under your hood) where it's difficult to find, since it is illegal to have aftermarket HIDs. I had one of the ballasts hidden under the intake snorkle on my wrx...the other one...between the battery and front light(visible)...but u know what I mean...

But it sounds like this company's got it going on....rubber gaskets that make an airtite seal!! I'm ready to throw down some money when I get my GT...post some pics of the install process please :)

In Taiwan now...:spin:

unfortunately i do not have any pics from ym own personal experience, but i can see it was simple as could be with installing lights, no problems whatsoever. if you need proof of customer satisfaction, check out his ebay store, i beleive his ID is "mr_piaa"

Archived