LegacyGT.com

How dangerous is it?

I have a blister on my front drivers side tire. How imperative is it that I replace it. Is it a ticking time bomb? Is it gonna splode?

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj457/erictankel/SDC10497.jpg

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj457/erictankel/SDC10496.jpg

Some claim to have no problems for quite a while, but if it blows and you get into an accident, that little extra cost for replacing a tire (or 4 if they are well worn and you can't get the new one shaved) could get much bigger if it blows and you do damage to the car or get into an accident.

Not replacing this tire is a classic case of the saying "penny wise, pound foolish."

Even better - you have posted this as proof that you knew about it.

What are the changes you get in a wreck now because of it blowing out, and the plaintiff's lawyer rips you a new one with a printout of this thread?

You wouldn't be the first person to have their internet posts show up in court...

I'm a WRX guy, but a Subaru is a Subaru. All 4 tires must be identical and within 3/32nd of an inch of each other. If the new tire is the same and none of the old ones are worn 3/32nd of an inch, it's fine. If it's the same tire and the other tires are worn 3/32 or more, they will need to strip down the replacement tire to a similar tread depth. If it's not the same tire, then they should not use it at all.

Why thank you, captain asshat. You'd like that wouldn't you. I'm getting new tires in the next couple days. When I have a question I come straight here. It is my home. It's people like you that post mean spirited non constructive things that are detrimental to the loving environment of our forum.

Even better - you have posted this as proof that you knew about it.

What are the changes you get in a wreck now because of it blowing out, and the plaintiff's lawyer rips you a new one with a printout of this thread?

You wouldn't be the first person to have their internet posts show up in court...

Oh sh**, you're the guy with all the great videos on youtube (dash cam vids). I really expected more from you. What a crappy thing to say to someone who was seeking information. If this is the way you treat people you must be one miserable human being.

Archived