LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT 5EAT vs 2004 Altima S-ER A/T

I just said that since he asked who would win off the line as well as the 1/4mile.

Without a boost launch, he may very well loose off the line if the Altima lays down a 2.3. My stage 2 5EAT yielded a 2.378 60' with just a "mash the gas" start. With a launch it was between 1.9-2.0 with the RE92's spinning through the last 3K of first gear.

There's more to the SE-R than power, though -- you also get a stiffer suspension, jazzed-up interior complete with leather seats, 18" wheels and performance tires, some extra body cladding, and a 6-speed manual transmission (a 5-speed automatic is a no-cost option)

Automatics are available. cars.about.com

Without a boost launch, he may very well loose off the line if the Altima lays down a 2.3. My stage 2 5EAT yielded a 2.378 60' with just a "mash the gas" start. With a launch it was between 1.9-2.0 with the RE92's spinning through the last 3K of first gear.

The 2.3 time is the nissan stalling off the line aswell. and if your racing why wouldnt you boost launch?

Opie, I walked an SE-R from a 35mph roll in my 5EAT when I was Stage 1, which was just a Cobb reflash. And I walked him quite easily. The guy had an intake. Stock for stock it will be a close race. If you do a roll race, he has every chance of beating you. Take comfort in the fact that the LGT handles better and it will be no contest in the snow, not to mention that the mod potential is definitely on the LGT's side.

What I thought was sad was the fact that I was able to even out-brake him even though SE-Rs come with Brembos and I was on the stock pads and crappy stock tires.

Take it to a track and find out. Honestly if I were in your situation I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with me winning. If you want to seal his fate, get a Stage 1 tune from someone here for cheap.

Subscribed for results.

Archived