LegacyGT.com

Liquid "swooshing" sound when I take turns and brake

homegrwn97

SEE!!!! What do you think it is?? :confused::confused:

I'm still learning a lot about this car and turbos in general, and I live in the heart of the city, so I don't have a garage or driveway that allows me to really get under the hood. I always kind of assumed that it had to do with the cooling system just because that system contains the most amount of liquid that moves around the car. I also assumed that it had something to do with coolant moving into the intercooler on the top of the engine, and that being a noob with this car, if I asked I would get made fun of and be hit with a flurry of "soap in the intercooler" comments. :redface::lol:

I've had other cars, well one VW to be precise, that had both a problem with water leaking into the spare tire wheel well through the hatchback, and water draining onto the floorboards from the AC unit, and I can say that this sound is definitely not that sort of issue; this sounds very deliberate, if that makes sense, and usually occurs when I'm first starting the car. My assumption always was that coolant was draining out of the intercooler on the top of the engine after I shut the car off, and when I started it again the coolant was being pumped back to the top of the engine, hence the noise. Although if I think about it, I may have heard the noise a time or two while taking a more gradual corner.

Again, I'm still learning a lot here, and came to this car after the simplest of all engines - the 4.0 liter AMC (Chrysler) in-line 6, and before that a Nissan V-6, so I've never had the opportunity to learn about turbos and the whatnot. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Archived