LegacyGT.com

looking to buy on Long Island

friedrice

Just wondering who's the best to buy from in the area? looking to get a good price. Also see what others are paying for there legacy GT limited in the area. I've been to Thomas Subaru and they were pretty good. Just wondering if anyone has delt with them. I was told not to pay much over invoice looks like its about 29,638. Got that off of edmunds. first time buyer so i could use some help.

thanks

I was looking around, I wanted to buy mine from Riverhead Bay motors because of 3 previous purchases there. They wanted 32k for a LGT limited. They also wanted 29.5k for a LGT limited demo with 6k on the odometer. I ended up getting it from a dealer upstate NY for 28k. Friend of the family price.

2006 TOYOTA TUNDRA

2005 LGT 5EAT

2003 VW GTI - sold.

1991 BMW M3

1972 BMW 2002

Just my $.02. MY parents have bought something like 7 or 8 Subaru's form Metric. Kevin was there sales guy. They too loved there service dept...always a clean neat job. My mother went in recently trying to buy an LGT. Being that I just purchased one she knew what I paid for mine up here in Rochester. Kevin wouldn't come close to the price. I visted Van Bortel (In Rochester) who is knowen for selling at invoice and took that info over to another local dealer and got mine for $400 under. here's there site...http://www.vanbortelsubaru.com/leg1p.html

Could help you get an idea for pricing.

Yeah, Kevin wouldn't match VanBortel's price when I bought my legacy last year. I paid about $500 more than VanBortel's price but I figured it wasn't worth the trip for $500. Also, I was ordering the car in May of 2004 the car wasn't released until June and I took delivery July 3. I got the first GT limited on the island other than a dealer demo car so I couldn't haggle there. My old car was 9 years old with a check engine light on for 18 months. I spent at least a grand in repairs to keep it going until the Legacy came out. I couldn't wait any longer to look for a deal. Besides, Kevin's brother Dave is the service manager and does great work and I'd like the good will and preference since I bought there.

Archived