LegacyGT.com

LGT (bl) vs S4 (b5)

Went from a stop twice. First time we both got out pretty good. Second gear his bumper was at my side mirror. Third gear his bumper is at my rear bumper.

Second time I got a better luanch and same results. Third time he gets the launch on me so the results were reversed, except at the top of third I slooooowly start to pull on him.

My has a pulley and air filter. His was completly stock. Both manual trans. After I get my ecutek and he gets his chipped we will go at it again.

This was a 2002 model with the BI-turbo 2.7T.

Sounds about exactly right.

Stock for stock they both run to 60 in mid 5's

Both run the 1/4 in the 14.0 second range at 97-98 mph.

Above that, and the TT V6 S4 should start to pull a bit.

But since you had a LW pulley (which probably gives you about 10 hp), it's probably the reason you began to pull on him

a bit.

angular momentum? Could you please explain.
Force = mass x acceleration

In this case force is negative torque. Reduce the mass, reduce the negative torque. Reduce the acceleration, reduce the negative torque. Therefore a dyno measuring engine output at a static rpm will always measure zero increase from any reduction in mass, since if acceleration is zero the force is zero. In an infinite amount of acceleration you will feel an infinite amount of negative torque. Better stated. 5th gear has less crank acceleration than 4th gear has less crank acceleration than 3rd gear has less crank acceleration than 2nd gear has less crank acceleration than 1st gear.

If the reduced mass pulley did anything, it did it mostly in 1st and 2nd.

http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/physics/rot/node5.html

http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/physics/rot/node7.html

Awesome! Always wanted to know how the LGT Vs B5 S4 would be. Depending on which chip the S4 gets, he might pull a bit even on the AP LGT, my X-Chip on the S4 gave around 60 hp and 75 tq, was a monster.

Nice run.

Had any dental work? going to hear a familar sound :lol::lol::lol:

..Explains why I'm driving my LGT and not the S4 anymore. That car made me so paranoid, every single weird noise from the turbo, 1 day I had enough of the stress and sold it. I did have the tea kettle/drill sound when it was cold, wonder if they ever blew. I think it's about 4-5k to do the turbo job on that car, no thanks.

a properly driven stock S4 6speed sedan should be around 5.6 0-60, avant about 5.8. I think it's really a drivers race between the LGT and S4. The B6 S4 with the 340 Hp V8 is around 4.9-5.0 with a stick and I think 5.5 auto.

a properly driven stock S4 6speed sedan should be around 5.6 0-60, avant about 5.8. I think it's really a drivers race between the LGT and S4. The B6 S4 with the 340 Hp V8 is around 4.9-5.0 with a stick and I think 5.5 auto.

Yeah yet if you read Driver72's stories vs. friends B6 S4s makes you wonder if LGT isnt faster than we all think...

My buddy with the auto 05 S4 and I will be doing another run or two soon.

The last time we "ran" I had just over 700 miles on my car, he had just over 800.

We are now fully broken in.

As I've said from the get go, I do think our LGT's are capable of faster 0-60 times

than what the 5.6 seconds the magazines have gotten.

I've also pointed out that the car Car and Driver AND Road and Track used

for their testing were the exact same test mule.

It had over 5K miles on it when RT tested it.

Those were probably 5K heavily abused journalist testing miles.

And also both of these tests took place during the heat of summer.

I think with a properly broken in car, in the right conditions with a great driver

whose driven the car more than the couple days the auto mag testers had,

you'd see 0-60 times of around 5.3-5.4 seconds and 1/4 mile times of

13.9's @ 98-99 mph

When I raced the 05 manual S4 we ran probably darn close to 1/4 mile distances

each time, and he didn't pull even with me until about 70ish mph and by mid to upper 90's he was a car length in front. And those cars run mid 13's at 103-105 mph.

So high 13's at 98-99 mph for us would is completely reasonable to expect.

Archived