LegacyGT.com

Is this a good price for OEM Dealer subwoofer install?

ROBMAN

Looking for any feedback. Dealer quote of $228 for the part, and $120 for labor. Total quoted at $375 with tax.

How have others fared with pricing for an OEM sub install? (Assuming you added on after purchase like I'm contimplating.)

Also, any insight on if this thing's plug & play (i.e. pre-out under the seat) or do the Scuby guys need to dig into my head unit?

Thanks in advance!

05 LGT Black 5spd

I think I paid less for my sub I'll have to check. I had my car allocated for me and that was missing so they added it later. They do need to pull the radio out to set it up. The reason I know this is because they managed to scratch the face plate while installing. They did however order a new one and replace it for me in the same week with out me having to complain.

I think I paid about $180 for mine online and then installed it myself. It is plug and play, but you have to remove a bunch of trim pieces and pull out the head unit to plug it in. It took me almost an hour to do, but I was outside in the middle of the winter, in the dark. Others have reported 30 minute installs. If the sub you buy ends up coming with a blue speaker/power cable, you'll want the wires run under the carpet. This will take a bit more time to do. My sub came with black wires and is hardly noticable when the wires are routed the way SOA instructions tell you(over the carpet)
.o0O0o.

Looking for any feedback. Dealer quote of $228 for the part, and $120 for labor. Total quoted at $375 with tax.

05 LGT Black 5spd

When I had mine put in dealer quoted 0.9 hours book time for the installation.

How have others fared with pricing for an OEM sub install? (Assuming you added on after purchase like I'm contimplating.)

Also, any insight on if this thing's plug & play (i.e. pre-out under the seat) or do the Scuby guys need to dig into my head unit?

Thanks in advance!

05 LGT Black 5spd

you may want to look into getting a subaru master card. you get 3% back on all purchases and that comes to you in "Subaru Bucks" which you can use towards part, service, or a new car. I signed up and got a $25 free Subaru bucks. I've had the card since January and already have $95 plus my free $25. :D

you may want to look into getting a subaru master card. you get 3% back on all purchases and that comes to you in "Subaru Bucks" which you can use towards part' date=' service, or a new car. I signed up and got a $25 free Subaru bucks. I've had the card since January and already have $95 plus my free $25. :D[/quote']

MBNA Card. Thats How I paid for my first oil change, short throw shifter and armrest extension.

ps. paid $178 for the sub.

Archived