LegacyGT.com

Broken BD looking for a new home :-(

KnifeyMcShanker

Hey, I have a silver 5MT 1999 Legacy GT that I just can't hang on to any more... It has some issues, and starting school I had no time to deal with them so I bought a car I could depend on (2003 WRX :D :D)

Anyway, here is, in complete honesty everything I can remember, what is wrong with the car:

-It throws misfire codes. I think it is related to the ACT flywheel/excedy clutch I put in. Started after that and has always happened since. It will pass smog if you reset it because it only comes on during highway driving...

-It leaks oil... bad from the right exhaust cam seal or the valve cover, I can't tell. This is after I did a timing belt/cam seal job and I was in such a hurry to get it back together at 3am so I could get some sleep and make it to work the next day that I guess I did something wrong. When I say bad I mean like 1 qt/50 mi and it is a steady drip.

-Every now and then it loses power or runs rough. Occasionally dies at stop lights. I have had multiple people look at it and no one can replicate it to tell me what is going on.

-There is a bit of body damage. The right side has dents on two doors when some idiot scraped along the whole side (yeah, he didn't even stop after he realized he had hit my car, just kept going) and of course never left a note. I didn't have the cash to pay my deductible to fix it. RF fender has some denting where it touches the light and LF just has some scratches.

-The car has a salvage title. I think I have some pictures around from the wreck that caused this. I also have repair receipts. It was a front end collision and a whole new front clip was welded on with a used engine.

Here's a list of mods and extra crap that comes with the car:

-Cat back custom exhaust with magnaflow muffler and 2.75" pipe. Sounds real nice but not ricey. Definitely a deep rumble.

-Generic intake branded "cosmo racing" It's not on now because I swapped to the factory intake thinking it would fix some problems. It didn't

-ACT streetlite flywheel (15k miles)

-Excedy Stage 1 Clutch (15k miles)

-New rotors all around and new Hawk HPS pads all around (5k miles)

-MSD Ignition swap. I still have the stock connector and the stock coil.

-I have an extra MAF because I grabbed another thinking it was broken. it wasn't.

Anyway, if it was me and I didn't want to bother all the diagnosing I would take the new water pump, timing belt, tensioner, and timing pulleys that I JUST PUT ON, buy a used motor, swap it over to that motor, and drop it in. That should solve the CEL problem and the power loss troubles. I bet if you did the labor yourself you would need maybe $800-$1000. If not for fixing, this would make a great parts car. The wheels are in good condition as well with Federal SS535 tires that have about 50-60% tread left. These are good sticky tires that I've used a lot, treadwear of 240 or so though so they don't last long.

I haven't decided on a price to be honest, so throw me some offers. Worst I can say is no, right? The car is located in Folsom but I live in Sacramento. The car is drivable but I don't have insurance on it any more so I can't drive it to you.

Archived