LegacyGT.com

Xenon Headlights

edboc

In the current North America market only the WRX STi comes with Xenon, in other markets such as Japan, Xenon is standard on the WRX Sti, Forester STi and Legacy. But I've read that the one on the Japanese Legacy isn't very bright.

This Space For Rent

There are many Plug-n-play HID kits on EBay. I got one for $250.00 and it works great.

It's probably three times brighter than stock H7s..

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

I don't know that I'd say they are 3 times brighter, but they are definitely putting down a lot of light. As long as you get a kit that is less than 5000K then you should see a lot of light. If you are into purple and blue lights then they go up to 12000 I think. those are totally useless for driving and only have the 'bling' factor going for them. Get a 5000K or lower and you should be really happy with the light output. JINSU-POWER is a vendor on LGT.com and sells kits for $285 shipped. They are great kits and you will be very happy with one. Easy to install too. Lots of threads on that.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I was referring to the lumen output ny the HIDs. Anyway, the HIDs are significantly brighter.
Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

Before you buy aftermarket HIDs, you should read this.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2890

I know many of you don't care but at least you will be taking your decision with full knowledge of the implications.

That thread raises many good points, but in reality it falls on deaf ears because hid retrofits are just too cheap and easy to acquire for the average joe. Cheap bling always wins.

That threadd oes raise a few points that sound interesting. Especially coming from an expert. But the ideas are made in reference to older style sealed beam housings and not as much the new technologies. This can be proven by examining current new vehicles that have an HID option from the factory. I have noticed on several cars that the lens, clips, housings and such are exactly the same regarless if the HID kit is installed or not. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but the bracket seems to be the only changes I have seen. In our case, I dont see why a universal kit wont work just fine.

I plan to purchase a kit as well. For now I have some Hiper (Brand) Super Plasma Xenon bulbs in there and they look sharp! but still pale in comparison to the intensity of HID's.

-Tronix(BLING)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

For now I have some Hiper (Brand) Super Plasma Xenon bulbs in there and they look sharp! but still pale in comparison to the intensity of HID's.

HID and Xenon are the same thing.

This Space For Rent

Any bulb that says 'Xenon' on it is just doing that to say that they "LOOK" like Xenon bulbs. Those 'look' like real HIDs kind of like how some Hyundais 'look' like a Mercedes. :lol:

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

That thread does raise a few points that sound interesting. Especially coming from an expert. But the ideas are made in reference to older style sealed beam housings and not as much the new technologies.

-Tronix(BLING)GT

Not true. It applies just as much, if not more, to projectors. Projectors have to be designed very precisely to match the bulb's characteristics. The HID bulbs have a very different light emitting pattern which causes a very different projected pattern for a given projector.

But I knew when I posted it that most of you wouldn't care since you are really doing it just for looks anyway and you don't seem to care if your blinding others.

Please explain the difference(s) between real HID lights and real Xenon lights, Mr. know-it-all.
They put xenon gas in halogen bulbs and sell them for 3000% markup.. Like the ones Tronix got. The xenon gas also significantly reduced the lifetime of the bulb :) HID = arc discharge, no filament

They put xenon gas in halogen bulbs and sell them for 3000% markup.. Like the ones Tronix got. The xenon gas also significantly reduced the lifetime of the bulb :) HID = arc discharge, no filament

You see, what Tronix got isn't called HID in my dictionary. I was talking about the real stuff.

D'oh!

This Space For Rent

Archived