LegacyGT.com

Boost issue HELP

black318i

Sometimes during WOT runs in 3rd or higher boost will suddenly drop from about 18 psi to about 12 and come right back up. It pretty much feels like hitting the rev limit except it's only one quick dip then back to normal. Usually it's at about 3k - 4k rpm and it happened at 5k once. I did a 20# pressure test and everything seems fine and it happens with my stock bypass and GFB BOV. I'm leaning toward tuning, but haven't been able to find anything wrong with my tune. What else should I check and what should I log. RPM, load, Manifold absolute pressure, WGDC, afr?? I will post some logs hopefully tomorrow. My setup is:

Perrin crank pulley

Perrin TMIC

GFB BOV

AVO DP

1mm pill

OEM catless UP

Here is my ROM

http://www.box.net/shared/4eenfgfckk

Look at feedback knock correction on the second log, right where boost drops out it goes from 0 to -3.87, and knock sum goes from 4 to 6. I'm guessing in the first log, which is actually the second log chronologically, the ECU had already learned and adjusted from the first.

Funny thing is nothing ever happened with fine learning and IAM never dropped. I know AF learning is off in this LV, but it was due to a leak which was fixed prior to these two runs. I forgot to reset the ecu :redface: after the repair. Normally it is only off by < 2. Also I will try to get this moved to the tuning section. Thanks for the input.

1007800505_LearningView_SS_9-5-200945912PM.jpg.1289e770e84b9f3de7fbdff1bb649d50.jpg

Archived