LegacyGT.com

Early Ball Joint Problems

T4L

Any one experience any early ball joint problems?

I had my 06 sedan in for inspection and was told one of the ball joints was bad. I don't remember which one. I have an appt with a subaru dealer to look at that + another issue. At 37,800 miles, this seems a little early for these problems.

I can't say I have seen that happen that early.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I can't get it in til the 12th. But when I do, I'll post up the results. It also appears that the rear diff. is leaking gear oil. Not enough to ever drip on the ground, but there's a coating on the diff. and signs of some oil cooking on the exhaust.

I can't get it in til the 12th. But when I do, I'll post up the results. It also appears that the rear diff. is leaking gear oil. Not enough to ever drip on the ground, but there's a coating on the diff. and signs of some oil cooking on the exhaust.

I bet it is from the vent tube breathing. If you do most highway driving that will happen. Mine does.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I bet it is from the vent tube breathing. If you do most highway driving that will happen. Mine does.

I thought the same, especially since the leak seems to be coming from the top of the diff. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Any one experience any early ball joint problems?

I had my 06 sedan in for inspection and was told one of the ball joints was bad. I don't remember which one. I have an appt with a subaru dealer to look at that + another issue. At 37,800 miles, this seems a little early for these problems.

Don't believe any inspection shop about about ball joints.:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I thought the same, especially since the leak seems to be coming from the top of the diff. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

A little brake kleen and some wiping takes care of that.

Update. The lower left ball joint was in fact worn out. It was replaced under warranty. As for the rear diff., they told me the differential seal was bad. It will also be replaced under warranty, but had to be ordered.

Kudos to Kerven Subaru of Butler, PA. I was in and out in less than 1.5 hours, all issues were taken care of @ no charge no questions asked, and the service manager was very nice. This was my 1st experience at this dealership.

Archived