LegacyGT.com

how did Subaru do in the last Cinsumer Reports annual car issue?

Hi all

just wondering if anyone knows how the Subaru Legacy (specifically GT if possible) fared in the last Consumer Reports annual car reliability issue.

Right now I am on the fence between an Audi (2005 1/2 +) 2.0 Turbo Quattro OR a 2005+ Legacy GT (possibly Spec B if I can find one)

look wise, bit are about the same, tough I think the Sabaru looks a bit better on the outside, while the Audi has a bit more lux on the interior

But I'm weighing reliability more heavily then looks

please comment or make suggestion (no flames, and yeah I'm guessing this is crowd is gonna favor the Subie :) )

lemme know if any particular year is better or worse

thanks

Legacy GT does very well in the CR reviews. The categories that aren't rated "excellent" are categories that don't have much problem anyways, like the fuel system, electrical system, and cooling for instance. Very good reliability over all, but not excellent.

Audi A4 or A6??? I ask because A4 reliability is not as good, and it is a smaller car than the Legacy.

A4: Anything before '06 has major problems across the board. You bet your ass you will be out many thousands in repairs before 100k, no matter what. It does not look like there was a significant improvement in quality with '06+, but it has not been long enough to see many issues pop up on the radar.

A6: The redesign came in '05, fixing many of the reliability issues. There are still fuel system and electrical system issues (typical audi) with the 05+, but all the other stuff is looking much better.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Legacy GT does very well in the CR reviews. The categories that aren't rated "excellent" are categories that don't have much problem anyways, like the fuel system, electrical system, and cooling for instance. Very good reliability over all, but not excellent.

Audi A4 or A6??? I ask because A4 reliability is not as good, and it is a smaller car than the Legacy.

A4: Anything before '06 has major problems across the board. You bet your ass you will be out many thousands in repairs before 100k, no matter what. It does not look like there was a significant improvement in quality with '06+, but it has not been long enough to see many issues pop up on the radar.

A6: The redesign came in '05, fixing many of the reliability issues. There are still fuel system and electrical system issues (typical audi) with the 05+, but all the other stuff is looking much better.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

I was looking at the A4 2.0T Quattro

I've driven my cousin's and it's not bad, tough he has the 20007, which is basically the same as the 2005 1/2 (first year of the B7 body, has that big grill on the bumper)

Too bad the 05/06 Legacy's don't have a fold down rear seats, otherwise that would just sinch the deal....

Archived