LegacyGT.com

best product for cleaning wheels?

bump

how do you clean baked on brake dust for the wheels?

im going to try spraying them with the eagle 1 AtoZ and use some elbow grease, maybe a tooth brush, then maybe just a regular brush (with plastic bristles)

Tooth paste and a tooth brush works remarkably well. But the smooth kind, not the gritty kind.

Sort of a cracking/hazing look. Best definition I could find:

Crazing:

Crazing describes small cracks that appear in the finish. Generally, these cracks are quite numerous and have random axis, resembling a dry lake bed. They are akin to the crazing seen in pottery glazes.

Crazing is caused when two materials bonded together expand or contract at different rates causing lateral surface forces greater than the strength of bond. The expansion and contraction can be caused by thermal, chemical, or mechanical forces. Crazing can appear at any adhesion interface including that between substrate and primer, between primer and basecoat, or between basecoat and clear coat.

I'll try to post up pics, but the wheels are buried in the back of the garage with the rest of the 4 stall into 2 stall stuff. I'm hopeful that there is a way to clear this, without resorting to a full-on repair/respray.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived