LegacyGT.com

Does anyone know if the stereo in the 2010 legacy is double din?

zennoodle

It is double DIN in theory but you would need a fascia piece if you replaced the stereo due to the curvature (think about the Toyota Tundra or Sienna as an example)

Since the new Legacy came out about a month ago, I don't expect to see any kits for it yet but they should be coming soon. Once they release a fascia piece, the stereo should be easy to swap out.

From what I saw, there was a fully functional dvd screen / nav unit on top, and where the "cd changer" was in in the 05-09, there's a DVD player single din and directly under that is another unit of some sort. I forgot to snap a pic.

There's a 2010 Legacy GT at Welsh Subaru of Limerick. Black exterior, with tan interior... ew...

• 1 month later...

Our dealer recommended an aftermarket nav unit. I did some research and found that the performance of the 2009 units was sub-par and the map updates are overpriced. The first aftermarket installer I checked out said this could be done, the second said it cannot be done, and Crutchfield shows no kits available. I suspect that a double din unit will fit and we just need to wait for the aftermarket people to catch up, but would like to be able to confirm this. We are looking at a Legacy GT limited, so the HK unit would be swapped out. At this point we (and the Subaru dealer) are suffering from a lack of information.

Since the sale of a car is waiting on the answer, my dealer has a reason to open up one of their cars and review the installation with the installer and they might have the answer soon in which case I will post it here, but it would be nice to have confirmation before the car is purchased.

2 things 1. give it time there may be a kit later.

2. when the dealer said aftermarket nav they PROBABLY meant a garmin. I've had this line handed to me several times.

it boggles the mind why a car sales man would DOWNsell a car. and its not just one either! Its like they dont want to sell you navi.. :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived