LegacyGT.com

Ect?!

Arty

Hello, I'm new here. I just got my 1995 Legacy wagon not too long ago, and it came with some demons. One of which is a bad ECT. I consulted my Haynes manual, went to the store, bought the part, came home ready to replace it...

I can't find it. At all. :mad:

It's a 2.2 liter. Is there ANYONE out there who can possibly take a picture and circle the stupid thing for me, before I lose my mind??? If need be, I'll take a picture and upload it. I just hope someone can help me out on this...

thanks!!!!

Are you sure it's the ECT? Have you ruled out the possibility of replacing the thermostat?

The location for the sensor is under all the PCV goodies, on the passenger side of the water manifold.

If you don't know what it looks like or where to find it, how do you know it's bad?

I know because-

1. All the symptoms add up.

2. It's the trouble code that was pulled.

I know what it looks like. Just because I don't know the location doesn't mean I don't know the issue. I'm simply not familiar with this engine at all just yet.

Are you sure it's the ECT? Have you ruled out the possibility of replacing the thermostat?

The location for the sensor is under all the PCV goodies, on the passenger side of the water manifold.

The thermostat is fine. I've looked under the PVC, but I'm starting to wonder the depth of it. Is it farther down than I possibly thought?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived