LegacyGT.com

Should I buy now or wait for incentives?

edboc

The '06 should be coming out in the summer. I'm in no hurry.

I'm going through my company for the VIP program, for which I should get invoice on the car.

2 dealers quoted invoice of just over $24k, which is accurate according to edmunds.com

With tax, title, port fee, other fees, etc. they both came to about $25,500 out the door.

This is for a non-limited GT, manual, Atlantic Blue.

Any suggestions on what to do?

I have a high-mileage BMW M3, which I probably won't get much on when I sell on my own. 146k miles are on it, so I would barely get anything on a trade in.

The '06 should be coming out in the summer. I'm in no hurry.

I'm going through my company for the VIP program, for which I should get invoice on the car.

2 dealers quoted invoice of just over $24k, which is accurate according to edmunds.com

With tax, title, port fee, other fees, etc. they both came to about $25,500 out the door.

This is for a non-limited GT, manual, Atlantic Blue.

Any suggestions on what to do?

I have a high-mileage BMW M3, which I probably won't get much on when I sell on my own. 146k miles are on it, so I would barely get anything on a trade in.

You should be able to see "under" invoice pricing on the LGTs in stock or being built. Heck Irvine Subaru is selling all Legacy's and Outbacks at $1200 under invoice until the end of the month. I would expect to see at least a $2-300 dollar jump in price on the 06s and you can expect to see more options available... but those won't be available until June/July timeframe.

FWIW - not sure what year your M3 is but 143K miles is barely broken in on this car. These pull in some pretty decent eBay bids so depending on the shape, you might want to think about that.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

My car is a '97 M3 Coupe. I've gotten interest posting free ads on craigslist for around $8k. I've had a lot of problems with the car. I guess it's expected for a German car, plus I drive a ton of miles. I bought the car Sept. of '02 and it had 70k miles, so I've put 76k miles in 32 months. That's more than 2k miles per month. I wouldn't say the car is barely broken in. The car has more squeaks, rumbles, and rattles than any Japanese car I've been in. Shifting has been stiff into fifth gear, and things are falling apart. Rates for labor with independent BMW shops are about $70 per hour. I do oil changes and basic maintenance on the car myself.

Anyways, on the Legacy GT non-Limited Edition, I wasn't expecting to get an '06. What I meant is that I'm looking to get a good deal on an '05 when the '06s start coming out, and they still have a few '05s in the lot. I've called a few dealers in the area, and no one is selling under invoice. I saw an Ad in the Boston Globe for $22,900 on a non-limited GT at Patrick Subaru in Shrewsbury, and it turns out "it was sold already."

I'm looking for a non-limited GT, Atlantic Blue, 5MT. There seems to be only 18 in New England, and 2 in my area after doing a search on the dealership inventory on Subaru's website.

I'm also starting to save up for a house, and my original goal was to keep the M3 until 200k miles. Hopefully it can last that long without a new tranny or clutch. The only thing that I know will stay strong is the engine.

if you're planning to get an '05, i don't think you're going to see the deals get much better than they currently are. right now they even have the 1.9% financing.

if you're willing to wait on maybe $500, then i guess you should wait. another option you have is to go somewhere south and buy the car. i know subarus sell for a lot higher in the northeast, so if you can get the car for $100 below invoice in Virginia, it might be worth a drive to bring it back.

you could even call Subaru of Dallas and i'm sure they would ship the car to you ... it might net you some savings.

The ad for $22,900 was fake. I doubt they ever sold that car. False advertising for a dealer to get people to come or ask about that car.

I'm not sure how south I would have to go to save a little money.

Are xenons standard on GTs? I haven't been able to find the specs on that. I know it standard on the Limited Editions.

My apologies, I was just thinking about the LGTs. With the exception of the WRX STI, all Subarus come standard with halogens. The STI comes IIRC with HIDs.

The headlamps on the Legacy/Outbacks are some of the brightest I've seen from a stock headlamp. I was pretty amazed the first time I flashed it up to high beam and lit up the road a loooooong way ahead.

That said, I'm sure that improvements are available that increase the light splash/output even more, including aftermarket HIDs and other lighting enhancements, such as halogen infrared (HIR). Link...http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6532&highlight=headlight

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

How can the dealer sell below invoice? Does that mean they are selling for less than what they paid for it, or they still make a little off of the manufacturer holdback, which is typically 3%?

There's a dealer holdback. Invoice is just another number like MSRP.

try atlantic subaru just a couple miles on rt 28 over the bourne bridge-i thought they were great. i thought i saw an ad for 2500 back or 1.9 %(i'd go for the 1.9 with a near invoice price)

This is not my beautiful car.

Archived