LegacyGT.com

Cobb Stg. 2 ACN91 logs

wpmarky

I switched from Mobil 1 5w30 synth to Castrol Syntec 5w30 over the weekend, and the car felt a bit slower.

During my datalogging today, I didn't get my head thrown into my seat as much during WOT runs, and when I got back it looks like I was hovering right under 15 psi. That's low for stg. 2 rite?

I just have a gutted DP, and OTS Cobb stg. 2 ACN91 map. Comments welcome.

datalog40.csv

datalog42.csv

Something is not right with your WasteGate DutyCycle. I don't think it should dip into the 40's at peak boost. If you look at dwolson2's Stg1 log; it's even holding WGDC's of around 75 throughout the RPM range at WOT. You may need to start looking at the vacuum lines and intake connections to see if there is a leak somewhere.
Let's kick this pig!

Something is not right with your WasteGate DutyCycle. I don't think it should dip into the 40's at peak boost. If you look at dwolson2's Stg1 log; it's even holding WGDC's of around 75 throughout the RPM range at WOT. You may need to start looking at the vacuum lines and intake connections to see if there is a leak somewhere.

agreed, also look at the tune itself, I found some problems in the actual tables themselves. I vaguely remember changing waste gate cycles and valve timing, look for mickey d's tune on rom raider, or if you can find it send me an email(PM me) and i will send you a copy of what it should look similar to. The reason for 75% waste gate is I still have the factory up/down pipe, and if I close it, I may f* something up, don't want to put too much boost just yet....

He's using a Cobb Stg2 map and an AccessPort to load it, so it's your basic Cobb Stg2 map. It's been a while since I've looked at the tables in that particular map, but I'm pretty sure that the WGDC at WOT should be 90% until 2400RPMs and then it should drop to around 72% from 2400-3600RPMs and then it should start to creep up to about 78% and drop off again near redline. The tune is the same map used by hundreds of others.

wpmarky:

Please get some more logs starting at 2000RPMs with the following parameters:

Load

RPM

Ign. Adv.

Throttle Position

Boost

WastegateDutyCycle

Mass Air Flow

Let's kick this pig!

He's using a Cobb Stg2 map and an AccessPort to load it, so it's your basic Cobb Stg2 map. It's been a while since I've looked at the tables in that particular map, but I'm pretty sure that the WGDC at WOT should be 90% until 2400RPMs and then it should drop to around 72% from 2400-3600RPMs and then it should start to creep up to about 78% and drop off again near redline. The tune is the same map used by hundreds of others.

wpmarky:

Please get some more logs starting at 2000RPMs with the following parameters:

Load

RPM

Ign. Adv.

Throttle Position

Boost

WastegateDutyCycle

Mass Air Flow

I knew it was a cobb map, are you not able to edit the map at all?

The Cobb maps are not in race format, which means you can't open them up and edit them. At least not from what I know. They are proprietary, closed source. So basically if your OTS Cobb map that came with the AP isn't running right, you'll need to get an e-tune at the very least. Personally, I would get an e-tune either way because it will run a lot better as your tuner will be able to fine-tune it to your car's mods and how your car is running. It would be $150 well spent.

You cannot compare WGDC on a 2008 to a 2006. They use different restrictor pills and different wastegate actuators.

OP, I would be more concerned about the -2.8 FLKC in the high rpm/high load region.

dwolson2, are you using a tune based off mine? It might have too much timing for ACN91. You might want to borrow a WBO2 to make sure that your AFR is correct. At sealevel, your MAF should be higher.

You cannot compare WGDC on a 2008 to a 2006. They use different restrictor pills and different wastegate actuators.

OP, I would be more concerned about the -2.8 FLKC in the high rpm/high load region.

dwolson2, are you using a tune based off mine? It might have too much timing for ACN91. You might want to borrow a WBO2 to make sure that your AFR is correct. At sealevel, your MAF should be higher.

well I was using your stage one, now I am using your stage 2 with -10% WGDC till I get the timing all done. It is too much timing in a few areas for ACN91, but I have gotten most of them worked out. sorry to thread jack.

didn't know about the difference in restrictor pills and acuators. At this point since he is having troubles, would you suggest open source and sell his cobb? or go with a e-tune? I really like your maps, smooth and fun, and its way cheaper than e-tunes. Also I like to be able to change things if I find problems.

The Cobb maps are not in race format, which means you can't open them up and edit them. At least not from what I know. They are proprietary, closed source. So basically if your OTS Cobb map that came with the AP isn't running right, you'll need to get an e-tune at the very least. Personally, I would get an e-tune either way because it will run a lot better as your tuner will be able to fine-tune it to your car's mods and how your car is running. It would be $150 well spent.
If he has a v2 AP, he can go to Cobb's site and download AccessTuner Race (formerly known as Street Tuner)

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?id=4214

It'll open up the maps just fine and allow him to see and edit all the tables. Doesn't work with Vista 64bit though, so he'll need either WinXP or Vista.

As far as I know, yes. I wish I could double check for you right now, but I sold my old laptop and my new one is on Vista 64 so I can't get it to work anymore until I do some fiddling with VMWare to emulate WinXP.

AccessTuner Race gives full access to the Cobb OTS maps? And we can mod them?

Yes, all of the Cobb OTS maps are considered "base" maps you can use to tune from with ATR. They are in .ptm format, but there is a special exclusion on them which allows them to be used in ATR and modified. No other .ptm can be opened as such.

Just to clarify there are two different versions of the the AccessPort and three different versions of the tuning software available to the general public(StreetTuner, StreetTuner-Advanced and AccessTuner-Race). ST and ST-A work with maps for the APv1. AT-R works with maps created for the APv2.

The APv1 Cobb OTS maps cannot be edited with the StreetTuner software as they are Pro-Tuner based and have .ptb and .ptr maps. Where as the APv1 StreetTuner "starter maps" that you can edit are .stb and .str.

You can edit the v2 COBB OTS maps with AT-R, but tuners have the ability to lock out maps that they have created and you have to make a special request(and be in good with your tuner) in order to get maps that can be edited.

Let's kick this pig!

Just to clarify there are two different versions of the the AccessPort and three different versions of the tuning software available to the general public(StreetTuner, StreetTuner-Advanced and AccessTuner-Race). ST and ST-A work with maps for the APv1. AT-R works with maps created for the APv2.

The APv1 Cobb OTS maps cannot be edited with the StreetTuner software as they are Pro-Tuner based and have .ptb and .ptr maps. Where as the APv1 StreetTuner "starter maps" that you can edit are .stb and .str.

You can edit the v2 COBB OTS maps with AT-R, but tuners have the ability to lock out maps that they have created and you have to make a special request(and be in good with your tuner) in order to get maps that can be edited.

when they are locked out, are they just grayed out or blocked so you can't see them? Otherwise you could just write all the numbers down and transcribe them.

edit: one more reason why I like open source

Archived