LegacyGT.com

side window weather stripping issue

LBpsu83

Currently driving a 08 Legacy with 37,000 miles on it. I bought it used with some minor aesthetic blemishes, but nothing I really sweated over. Around 30,000 miles, I noticed the exterior weatherstripping on the drivers side window had popped up. I pushed it back down and it was fine until about 32,000 miles. Now that it came back up, I've looked deeper into the issue and it seems the plastic clip that holds it down has completely cracked. Being as I purchased the super-deluxe warranty package along with the car, I scheduled an appointment at my local Subaru Dealership and thought that would be that. To my dismay, the shop called later that afternoon to tell me that the issue is not covered under the warranty and that it would cost somewhere around $250 to replace the piece. Now, the warranty does mention that weatherstripping is not covered, but its not the actual rubber causing the problem. I understand you can't give a warranty that rubber wont crack, but I'd like to think you could give one that the plastic holding it in place wont crack!

Basically, my question is...Is there any amount of arguing/letters to SOA that will change their minds? I love my car, and for the most part have had nothing but positive experiences with Subaru. That one weatherstrip bobbing up and down in my side vision just drives me NUTS! Any advise is appreciated.

Ok I need to know how many miles are on your car when you took it in for the repair? Is it at 37k or did you take it in right after 32k?

Do you know exactly what the failed part is?

Me personally I would cover it being you are right outside of the basic warranty. You can try calling SOA 1-800-782-2783 and see if they can help you out.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I took the car in at 37,000 miles. The extended warranty I purchased from the dealership runs to 60,000 i believe. I couldn't give u a part number or anything, but it's one of the plastic clips that holds down the exterior weatherstripping on the driver's side window. I will look around and see if i can give a part number.

Ok, so if you go to genuinesubaruparts.com, enter all the pertinent information (legacy, 2008,...) and then keyword search Belt w strip Right I believe thats the part thats giving me the trouble. Its not the actual part though, its one of the clips thats supposed to hold it down onto the door sill.

1,000 miles outside of warranty and the SAS doesn't cover it. I don't see why they don't cover that because it is right outside of coverage. I would be calling SOA to see if they can assist you.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived