LegacyGT.com

Tire help.

dragonman586

So yea I just went on a cross country road trip and all was good until I was in NJ 40 miles from home......I hit a pot hole on the GSP and got bubbles in my tires. I have 34k miles on my car and stock tires.

Could anyone give me options. My dad wants me to put the two "good" (worn) tires on the same axle and get the damaged ones replaced. I tried to argue that this would hurt the diffs (true or not?).

Also what are my options as far as tires go (stock rims). I'd like some all season tires that are relatively cheap for the set.....Nothing really fancy. If they are an improvent on stock then great!

Also anyone know the expected lifespan of the stock 2.5i wheels?

Sorry for all the questions this is my first car and my first time shopping for tires. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

1, you are correct in that all 4 should be replaced. If you so desire, smack your dad and tell him you're right. 2, wheels should last damn near the life of the vehicle barring anything bending them beyond repair. 3, tire options include Continental Extreme Contacts, Continental Extreme DWS, Yokohama Avid W4S, Kumho ASX, and BS RE960.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105324

^^^Plenty of good info here.

Tire life depends on a lot of things. Vehicle load, driving habits, tire maintenance, road and weather conditions. My RE92's have ~26K miles and still have life in them. Other people need tires by 18K miles. Granted, I want to ditch mine soon for new Pirellis. If you need tires on the cheap, go with the Kumhos. I think those are the cheapest out of the group I listed.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+ASX&partnum=05WR7EASX&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes

Edit: Average life span should be between 18-30K miles I would guess.

Archived