LegacyGT.com

needs some advice

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put it in the bank and be happy you saved it...you will do all kinds of stuff with that money and it'll be awesome for a couple weeks, then the itch of "I want more" will start again...never ends...I have put close to $10k into mine and I am nowhere near satisfied....I should have stayed stock lol

Stage II:

USB ODBII cable - $20 from Ebay

TMIC - $400-500 used, $700? new

Uppipe - $200?

Downpipe - $300-$400? depending on brand

Gaskets - $30-50?

CBE - I think you can get a magnaflow for a good price. - $600-800

Or you can just get a Mid and Y-pipe and use the stock mufflers - $300 locally

RomRaider software - Free

Infamous tune - $150 (he is on this forum)

Brakes

Sway bars

Optional:

Rims if you want to stand-out

Front lip if you want to stand-out

Springs if you want to stand-out

Coilovers if you want increased suspension performance and adjustability

For more power, get an HT68A turbo, FMIC, injectors, and a fuel pump

OR you can also get a VF52, TMIC, injectors, and a fuel pump

How are the egay catbacks? Do they sound rice I didn't really see a name on them.. and how about the Catted vs catless downpipes? Also I saw a 20g on egay is that really much of an upgrade? Also should I get a equal length header or keep the stock one? Im new to the subie world, have previous car and turbo expierence just do not know what is the bang for a buck mod on these cars. I was checking out the stock turbo seems to be pretty small, and opinons welcome.

best bang for the buck without upgrading the turbo would definitely be a turbo-back exhaust (cat-back + downpipe). an uppipe is also a worthwhile investment. then you can have the car tuned and run more boost etc. These things are necessary anyway when looking to upgrade your turbo + fuel system upgrades. I would stay away frome ebay specials becuase of fitment, quality, and longevity issues. the megan cat-back is relatively inexpensive.

lgts are already quick. You may want to look into suspension and brake upgrades with that scratch

around the 350-400 eventually. so I was going to build towards that, I know 3500 probably wont get me there but its a start.

With 3500 is a CBE, UP, DP, FMIC, and a bigger turbo possible with a Cobb AP? Or maybe a custom tune..?

Also if I were to go with a FMIC, I have a brand new HKS SSQV should I use it?

you need to do fuel upgrades for a bigger turbo, injectors and pump plus CBE UP DP FMIC and and at that point you will need a dyno tune. this would be very difficult to accomplish with 3500.

plus with that kind of power you really need to do some brake and suspension work. Keep in mind that installation costs quite a bit, usless you plan on installing yourself.

68HTA turbo $900

Wait for itsme FMIC to come out $600 (or buy used)

Injectors $300 (after trading stockers)

Walboro Fuel Pump $100

SPT cat back used on forum now $750

Up pipe $200

Tactrix cable $180 (assume you have access to a laptop)

Infamous tune $200

You said you can install? If so, then $3230 will get you over 325whp, maybe more. You can always easily upgrade the turbo later too.

05pearl do you have a mods list.

I have others, but my basic mods are:

Deadbolt 20G zilla turbo

AVO top mount IC

DW 850 Injectors

AVO fuel pump

Snow Performance water injection (using washer fluid injection)

HKS SSQ full recirc BOV

Perrin up

Cobb dp, mid, y

Stock cans

My 312whp at 5200' is uncorrected for altitude. This should be just over 350 whp at sea level.

I like my set up. However, if I were to do it again, I would go 68HTA for the broader power band and similar peak power.

Archived