LegacyGT.com

Most likely another ipod repost

JimyJoeBob

I have a 06 2.5i single cd stereo with manual climate controls. I searched a lot trying to figure out my best option to hook up my ipod to the stereo so i dont need to use a fm transmitter and get better quality music. I read about the Jazzy mod thing but couldnt find clear information if it would work on my stereo. Sorry for the more than likely repost but i was getting fed up searching through a whole lot of threads. Any help is appreciated, especially links

Get an aftermarket stereo with ipod capabilities.

Then use this kit to install it. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120998901/Subaru-Legacy-Outback-In-dash-Receiver-Kit.html?tp=3121

There's a dual din kit out there also if you'd rather go that route, but I don't have a link to it. Search Metra Dual din kit and you should come up with something.

What's an 06 SWP?

Gloucester, eh... maybe you're the silver legacy I see in the mornings when I leave for work (near exit 15, on the way to 128)?

The above suggestion is perfect for manual HVAC cars... is that what you have? Or do you have the dual-zone HVAC system?

I have the dual system on my 06, and the Jazzy board works perfectly.

The Leptronix aux in can be installed into your head unit. Please have a look at the Leptronix aux in thread. Remember that with this aux in you don't need any silent cd for it to work, and that you can use it with ipod, mp3, satellite, without any ground loop isolator.

Archived