LegacyGT.com

Anyone looking for headlights

GTTuner

• 2 weeks later...

well i went ahead and ordered them. ill let you all know when there in (mabye this week :rolleyes:). anyways, i want to clear them and black them out. do you think it will be any different than the OEM process? should i follow the same baking procedures? im skeptical to do it, but i rly want to get those dang reflectors off. my car was in a recent 'guard rail incident':spin: and i wanted my bodyshop to save my drivers headlite, which was still good just super oxidized, so i could practice on that, but idk what they did with it- so i may be doing all this for the 1st time.

but before i do anything ill examine these units, and post my review...mabye some pics.

any locals wanna help me clear em for a chance to see the units first hand?? 6-pack on me :lol:

Isn't the '05 already "blacked out", at least compared to '06?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

just click on the link, which brings you to Discount Bodypart's site.....then search "2005 Subaru Legacy Headlights", or whatever yr or product your looking for. Hope this helps!!!

also, anyone local to Hudson Valley, NY.... i put an order in, so if you would like to see these first hand, let me know.

recieved the lights!! Paid $250 & change for both shipped. They came with bulbs. The lights have not been installed yet, so I cannot garuntee that they fit just yet, but everything seems to be in order. I plan on clearing them by the weeknd (i practiced on a dummy set tonight and everything went as planned). I just need to pick up some black silicon before I take apart the new set. Will post pics soon (out of box shot, baked apart shot & cleared, end result shot)

ok, so i was able to really get into these aftermarket units and inspect them. I didnt have a set of 05 OEMs around, but a local body shop provided me with an 08 (i believe) headlight for practice. Having those two to compare, i didnt notice any difference in quality. That isnt to say that they are of equal quality, its just that i couldnt notice any difference.

They were (preblackout) as OEMs are from 05. What I like about these are (the price, of course) but also the fact that they come with bulbs and really dont seem to be any different from OEM, just cheaper. Please remember though, i didnt have an exact OEM from 05 to compare dimensions and the like. anyways, here are my pics.....cleared and all.

and a big thanks to my special helper.....very new additon to my family.:wub:

SSPX0632.thumb.jpg.459310f38d839e5f14c3f00a6d03aa17.jpg

SSPX0633.thumb.jpg.719df32df588f15f1bc392134cf6a9da.jpg

SSPX0634.thumb.jpg.def29c9c08ed4190552c56e2a8964b73.jpg

SSPX0638.thumb.jpg.800eff4242c7b253024c34c931f78b27.jpg

SSPX0640.thumb.jpg.33e931e6438833dec3ba777e7996d494.jpg

SSPX0641.thumb.jpg.2cf13d2a3fb29868e24a50c7b038481c.jpg

SSPX0643.thumb.jpg.753bfa87ed95593d530210a9e8261843.jpg

no problem guys, glad i could be the gineau (SP check) pig so to speak with these aftermarkets. i think they look great cleared too....rly not too much to worry about when baking them...i did 260 for about 10-15mins to break them apart and put them back in for about 5 mins to put them back together............... lets just hope thati made 2 good seals, otherwise ill be pissssssssed. NEways, ill post when these get put on my car just to garuntee that they fit to all who are considering them

well i only recieved 1 2008 headlight (for the driver side). The body shop had it because it had water in it, and they replaced the unit for a customer. I can upload some pictures of the light, which i cleared and blacked out. If anybody was interested, id be happy to ship it to them with bulbs, although i cant garuntee that the bulbs work. Considering all this, id be happy to work out a fair & safe price for whoever wanted them, considering my lack of full knowledge about them. feel free to pm me to make an offer if interested, as i have no use for a 2008 OEM driver side headlight......pics comming soon

• 4 weeks later...

Archived