LegacyGT.com

09' OXT Tuned

With a COBB Accessport, Perrin two-cat DP and Perrin TMIC:

Tuned at Surgeline Tuning here in Portland, OR

265whp, 296tq @16.5psi

Tim at Surgeline wants to take another look at it when the shop is not 85F+. I am very happy with the power delivery and that it can make decent numbers with the OEM turbo at not crazy boost levels while it is warm out.

I will see if I can get the PDF from Surgeline to post here.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an '08 with everything you have except new intercooler. I am about 18 horses less than you, we had it dialed to 251 and 280, but thought that was a little aggressive, we were starting to detect some detonation. Curious as to why you went with TMIC and not Front Mount.

Thoughts.

Damn I need a new tune, I got last year 224whp and 240 wtorque :( it was 90F+ temp at the tune, got it during last year's heat wave. I do notice BIG kick at 50s than 80s. But it's AUTO :( But it has 53k miles already LOL

I have the same mods as you....we did a hero run at 20psi and got 280whp, 330wtq. Brought it down to 18psi though to keep the turbo from blowing up. You should be able to handle up to 18psi without an issue on the stock turbo...

I have an '08 with everything you have except new intercooler. I am about 18 horses less than you, we had it dialed to 251 and 280, but thought that was a little aggressive, we were starting to detect some detonation. Curious as to why you went with TMIC and not Front Mount.

Thoughts.

FMIC is pretty much wasted effort and $ on the stock turbo. A good aftermarket TMIC doesn't heat soak like the stock one.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

FMIC is pretty much wasted effort and $ on the stock turbo. A good aftermarket TMIC doesn't heat soak like the stock one.

Bingo. I am keen on keeping the stock turbo. larger turbo and FMIC (like the AVO so I can keep my bumper beam) would be nice, but after dealing with two past highly modded cars the simplicity is nice. also, with a car that can't corner at any real speed (which is how it is designed) and with OEM tires and brakes it can't stop well, this power level is perfect.

That power level with a warm/hot tune at that boost level is spot on for where I wanted the car to be. also, this model is now discontinued so I would like it to last for a long long time.

cheers!

Archived