LegacyGT.com

H6 Legacy performance

A friend of mine called me and said he had just looked at the Legacy Outback sedan with the 250 hp V6. He asked me how is compares in performance to my WRX. I searched around the web and on here and could only find 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for the GT turbo. Anyone have any info?

Currently the H6 is available only with Auto while the GT gets a stick standard with the auto an option. The GT has better wheels/tires more for sport, aka faster, the suspension sounds as such also. The 3.0L H6 will be a little slower than your WRX if your WRX has a manual, an auto, should be somewhat close. If he's looking at performance and handling though, the 2.5GT with the turbocharged boxer 4 will be much more up his ally. The new 2.5GT recieves a stronger transmission than your WRX and if he desires a manual car, it should be a problem. As with anything, smoothness is the key to making it last. Hell, you can break an STi if you're trying too.

OOPS! Not used to talking about an H6. He said it was auto only. He was also a little let down that the GPS won't be offered until 2006. He currently has a 2001 Impreza RS with 100K on it. The car goes to VT almost every weekend during ski season. The reliability of this thing through all the snow and extreme cold is amazing.

If he goes skiing so often, shouldn't he know the way? :D A pocket GPS might be a little more handy in that case also, maybe. I'm a little biased towards the paper version you can buy for a few bucks every year.

Archived