LegacyGT.com

UP question

No get the Perrin, I hear their fitament is top notch on all their products.

+2... I hear the flex leaks ... best bet is a sold it one. I have been wanting to go to stage 2 for a while and Perrin seems to make the best stuff. Plus they are super helpful on the phone if you have any questions.

(Perrin Catback and Sway bars w/ endlinks)

People have had leaks with a solid pipe at the flanges, and leaks with a flex pipe at the joints. The majority of people have no problem with either.

Consider this: A leaky UP can usually be fixed by adding a second or third gasket IF you have a leak. A flex leak is not really fixable IF you have one. Most people don't.

Either can be installed, either won't be as easy as a DP to install though.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I havn't heard of any problems with PERRIN till this. I have the cat back (almost 2 years now) and have had no issues with leaks.

Catbacks are designed with a whole lot of flex in mind. They swing a bit on those 5 exhaust hangers, even if they're PU bushings. Even my obnoxiously poor fitting AutoSpeed CBE has no leaks, and I've bent it every which way. UPs are different. I have heard of at least one UP leaking from pretty much every manufacturer. GS, Cobb, Perrin, TurboXS, etc. Apples and Oranges. Odds are you will not have a leak.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Catbacks are designed with a whole lot of flex in mind. They swing a bit on those 5 exhaust hangers, even if they're PU bushings. Even my obnoxiously poor fitting AutoSpeed CBE has no leaks, and I've bent it every which way. UPs are different. I have heard of at least one UP leaking from pretty much every manufacturer. GS, Cobb, Perrin, TurboXS, etc. Apples and Oranges. Odds are you will not have a leak.

What would be the best choice then for minimal flex in a DP? I was lookin at Invidia

The answer to that is in the steel, not the brand. You could hop on google and get the specific grade of steel in each pipe, then look up the material properties of each you find. Maybe 20 minutes total...

Archived