LegacyGT.com

Swapping out seats on a Spec B

SilentPwr

Hi Guys, I'm looking around for an 05-06 GT and have noticed a couple of Spec B's for sale. One is an '06, which of course has the brick red leather interior. I'm not a fan of the color at all, and if I bought it I'd want to change out the front and rear seats & door panels with either black leather or even the black/gray cloth. Do you think there would be enough interest for people to want to trade interiors? Shoot, I'd even want to swap out the wheels for regular O5-06 stock 17" wheels. My main concern though is how much it would hurt the resale value. I guess I could store the original interior and wheels, but then I'd have to buy the replacements.... might as well just keep waiting for a nice regular GT. Any thoughts? :D

Keep looking for a "regular" GT......why bother going thru the trouble and expense of swapping interiors for an 06 SpecB. No real difference in the 06s anyway - if you're going to get a SpecB, at least go for an 07 or newer. Afterall, the 6spd and diff are the only real reasons for getting one.

Keep looking for a "regular" GT......why bother going thru the trouble and expense of swapping interiors for an 06 SpecB. No real difference in the 06s anyway - if you're going to get a SpecB, at least go for an 07 or newer. Afterall, the 6spd and diff are the only real reasons for getting one.

Well, swapping 2 front seats, the rear seat, and 4 door panels is pretty simple. But, I hear ya on the '07 or newer. I guess I could always just do seat covers to cover up the red color. :) Plus, I guess it would be better to keep it stock for the resale value.

If you want to swap the interior and wheels, isn't Navi/5spd the only thing left that makes that car unique? I'd say just get a GT.

I just want a Legacy GT in silver or Atlantic blue pearl, 5 speed. They're pretty hard to come by, but there's an '06 Spec B nearby in good condition. So, to me... it's a GT... and it's silver! Well, titanium.. :)

It's about the same price as what a GT would go for, so that's why I was considering it. The slightly better handling is also a plus for me, so that's why I'm torn.

• 8 months later...
On the '06s he's sort of right, no 6 speed MT in that one even.

I believe they still have all the suspnsion goodies, but if youre going to buy a spec b, make it worth it and go for an 07+

Archived