LegacyGT.com

Help to Revive my GT

Hey guys, just a quick runthrough of my situation. My car was deemed totaled by insurance with options to recieve $9,600 and give up the GT or pay $700 Salvage value and receive both the car and $8,900. I chose to take the 8900 and the car. Now my car in its current condition (http://www.legacygt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1548&page=2) is sitting in my driveway.

I do plan on reviving the GT (mabye with a few aftermarket goodies:rolleyes:) but dont rly have a timeframe. in the meantime, I guess i have up to $8900 to look for a dailyD, which is more than enough for me to find something. If worse comes to worst, i wont do much with the car for now and just live life as is with whatever dd i end up with.

I would however like to start piecing together the GT and get it back on the road sooner rather than later. First off, Id have to tackle the front right quarter. Hopefully the support bar (idk exactly what its called) running from the passenger headlight to the passenger side mirror can be bent back into place rather than replacing it. If i do end up needing to replace it, do any of you vets know where i might be able to find a right front quarter...which would include inner metal (support bar/skelton), headlight, inner fender wall, fender, radiator and other miscelaneous. Ill be looking at junkyards and other various places, but if you all know of anything else pls let me kno (links would be great).

Thanks again, and any suggestions or advice from you who have been through this before it would be greatly appreciated. THis whole situation rly sucks for me, but instead of saying FML:mad: im gonna try and make the most of this, get my car back and really try and learn AMAP:). Looking forward to replies

Wait your going to repair a car with over 9800 dollars in damage and you dont know how?

First that "skeleton" you refer to is part of the unibody and bending it back will not fix it, that whole panel and the brace and support behind it will have to be welded off and an new one places in.

Also salvage yards are the most places get parts from, there or go subaru genuine, also car-part.com is a culmination of almost every part.

It makes 0 sense to repair a legacy that had the impact yours did, that estimate was 8800 dollars for a reason, they most likely have time in on a pulling machine to straighten the car out as with no doubt its racked. Also the welding and painting even if you can do it will cost you over 2g's in parts. Whats so special about this GT that you kept it instead of buying another one, there a dime a dozen. Also it has a salvage title now which will require proverbial hoop jumping before you can even register it, if at all

Yea, thats a part out... Not gonna have repairs happenin on that. It was well worth the $700 you paid though. Just part the baby out and be happy. With the money you make you can def get a newer LGT, maybe even the highly coveted, seldom seen, unbeatable shrek B...
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Wait your going to repair a car with over 9800 dollars in damage and you dont know how? It makes 0 sense to repair a legacy that had the impact yours did, that estimate was 8800 dollars for a reason, they most likely have time in on a pulling machine to straighten the car out as with no doubt its racked.

Whats so special about this GT that you kept it instead of buying another one, there a dime a dozen. Also it has a salvage title now which will require proverbial hoop jumping before you can even register it, if at all

it doesnt seem that the frame is too wrecked, its going to be checked out next week so ill know for sure. If, in fact, it does have frame damage, then its a parts car... a great opportunity for me to get into an engine.

i plan on buying another GT with my insurance check and thought that for $700 this would be great to have around. I dont rly plan on doing much body work till later on... my main focus initially is on the front passenger side (just to get the thing driveable) If eventually, rehabilitated, i dont plan to sell it, and to just register in NY, id have to clear an I9 form. At that point i would prolly just sell the 'newer one' that i get (which will have more miles anyway and hasnt been wrecked (hopefully).... and have my original in decent shape to still have a GT lying around for kicks.

Also this is a great opportunity for me to really get to know the GT inside & out. THe way i look at it, even if it doesnt work out i could still recoup my parts $. Why not keep it

Yea, thats a part out... Not gonna have repairs happenin on that. It was well worth the $700 you paid though. Just part the baby out and be happy. With the money you make you can def get a newer LGT, maybe even the highly coveted, seldom seen, unbeatable shrek B...

haha i dont think yet, but it would be nice to own one mabye later down the rd (figurative reference :lol:)

Archived