LegacyGT.com

• 2 weeks later...

Its a good lube for assembly stuff with where start up friction may be high until oil gets to things- cam followers etc. Just dont use it (unless specified) in areas with ball or roller bearings, as it can allow the ball/roller to slide instead of turn, and then it dies quickly.

jp

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think that no one knew about this product until you replied. I'll probably do a little more research on this, as I found it very interesting when I read about it.

Just wasn't sure if it was safe to use or not in the car, and just wanted gauge and see if anyone has even tried.

What do you think you need to use it on? I have a version in a spray can, and it indicates you spray it on stuff like cams or followers or rockers at assembly time to lube them before oil arrives - grey, dry looking result, very low friction. Unless you are rebuilding an engine, I cant see much use for it on the average car. Maybe a winch cable? I use a wax like stick called Dry-Lube to lube door strikers (as its dry and doesnt attract dirt) and soft top zippers (Miata/Mx5) and other rubbing type points. Do a google on Molybdenum di-sulphide or MoS2.

jp

Archived