LegacyGT.com

delivery time

ok guys on feb 14th i ordered my legacy. the dealer said i was in luck cause the order was being sent out the next day. my question is....

they told me a 6 week time frame. putting it at the end of march. i was gona put it at a 8 week time frame in my head so that i wouldnt get disapointed if it took more then 6. but it has been 4 weeks 1 day. im getting a little ancy. some one tell me something that will help! oh and i still have to sell my car and fill out the financing stuff

DUDE WHERE'S MY CAR!

I ordered my car on Feb 17th got confirmation today that it is supposed to arrive on 4/8. However, the dealer noted that it may come earlier or later. I have read guys on here whos cars came a few weeks after the ETA they were quoted.

All good things come to those who are patient :)

At the 4-5 week period, they should be able to give you the VIN number of the car because it will be in their allocation system. Don't expect to see it until the 7-8 week point. Make sure they fax you or email you all of the information they pull from their on-line system so you can confirm that this is the correct car.

Having the VIN is helpful, so if you are financing the car, you can ensure you have an insurance binder document already completed on the car.

That way you don't have to deal with insurance AND the financing when you go to pick up the car. Oh, and while you still have the time, get your other car detailed and advertised if you're going to be selling it and not trading it.

If you're lucky the dealer with get it in house by week 7 and through PDI and ready to deliver shortly thereafter. In my experience, it takes the full 8 weeks.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Mine is finally on its way too...took a long 12 weeks:eek: .

BTW, I've heard some people talking about dealers drilling holes in the front bumper for the plate--does Irvine do this? Do I need to tell them not to do it?

Glad for the other's whose cars are coming soon...

CJC

Irvine didn't mount up the front plate holder on my car before I picked it up. When I called to discuss this with dealership (because it wasn't in the car), they said that, since January 1, 2005, the PDI folks had specific instructions to mount the plate holder on every new car going through PDI.

So, the answer is yes they mount them up automatically. There are two locating dimples in the bumper skin that show you were the holder is supposed to mount.

I picked mine up on 15 January... so the new process hadn't completely taken hold yet. The next time I'm in for service, I'll have them mount it up. With the window tint I already risk a second look. No sense getting dinged for not having a plate on the front too. ;)

So CJC are you going to be joining us for the SoCal fun run (See SoCal forum for more info) in your new car? Mark your calendar 4/16

SBT

Hey meier motor sports, if you got your car at the same place I did, they were good about not drilling holes or putting the sticker on the back when I requested it. It's funny, I saw a note written really large on the folder for my order that said "NO FRONT PLATE" so it wouldn't get missed. I did call a day before it was coming in to remind them again. I let them put their plate frame on the back though...it's about time for a new one though.

i jsut called then... well a while ago and they said it may be to late for the plate but if its not on yet they will pass the word. also the sticker i told them not to and they said they wouldnt other then that its in friday night. but i cant pick it up today cause i work till 5 and they close at 5. then monday i work nights. but i need my parents to be there to cosign. so i will have it monday night! and all day tuesday to play :D

Good luck with your car and have fun. Just make sure you have your insurance card available when you pick it up.

SBT

Irvine didn't mount up the front plate holder on my car before I picked it up. When I called to discuss this with dealership (because it wasn't in the car), they said that, since January 1, 2005, the PDI folks had specific instructions to mount the plate holder on every new car going through PDI.

So, the answer is yes they mount them up automatically. There are two locating dimples in the bumper skin that show you were the holder is supposed to mount.

I picked mine up on 15 January... so the new process hadn't completely taken hold yet. The next time I'm in for service, I'll have them mount it up. With the window tint I already risk a second look. No sense getting dinged for not having a plate on the front too. ;)

So CJC are you going to be joining us for the SoCal fun run (See SoCal forum for more info) in your new car? Mark your calendar 4/16

SBT

SBT, Would love to join--looks fun, but I'll be on a much needed vacation then...I'll look forward to the next one though.

CJC

Archived