LegacyGT.com

Safest Way To Clean Tinted Windows?

Avoid using newspapers or any kind of paper. A soft cloth is the way to go, but make sure it's not a synthetic material since it may be harder than the tint and cause scratches.

I've have always used newspaper to clean my windows with, it doesn't leave streaks like a cloth or paper towel will and completely removes all dirt and never has scratched a window. Try it sometime before you knock it and every car I've owned has been tinted all the way around. I've never had a problem using newspaper.

I've have always used newspaper to clean my windows with, it doesn't leave streaks like a cloth or paper towel will and completely removes all dirt and never has scratched a window. Try it sometime before you knock it and every car I've owned has been tinted all the way around. I've never had a problem using newspaper.

Doesn't the ink leave streaks then? The ink on our newspapers over here does transfer to everything - especially the fingers when reading.

And some paper contains a clay as a filler, and that can work as an abrasive.

Just watch out and try on a less visible spot before using newspaper.

453747.png

Doesn't the ink leave streaks then? The ink on our newspapers over here does transfer to everything - especially the fingers when reading.

And some paper contains a clay as a filler, and that can work as an abrasive.

Just watch out and try on a less visible spot before using newspaper.

The ink doesn't leave streaks at least with my newspaper, I just use the Denver Post, never the ads that come in their own colored sections. I inspected my windows on my lunch for kicks since I cleaned windows over the weekend, there are no scratches on the tint film, just a mirror finish.

Archived