LegacyGT.com

Photoshopped Enkei RPM2's

Legacy05

I like them. It all depends on whether you want to lean towards the "sporty" or "luxury" theme in the end. What size and color? (sorry if I missed it before) And great color choice on your car! :)
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

No reason to photoshop man. All you had to do was do a search.

I've had them on my car for about 3 months now.

Love them, get compliments ALL the time.

They look even better in person. For some reason they are as

photogenic.

It looks very similiar to the car on the homepage of these forums.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5652&highlight=Enkei+RPM2

Pictures in post #7

Last picture shows them the best.

Having seen the RPM2s in person I think they'll look great on a Legacy and Driver72's pictures just confirm that. And like he said they seem to look better in person than in pictures. I think a lot of that has to do with the finish.

Mesh is good.. trust me.. it's just that the RPM2s dont have a lip, that's why it looks funny.. remember, this is photoshopped, so the actual color of hyperblack doesnt really look like that under that kind of lighting. The RPM2s would have been my choice if the darn rim came in 8" wide with a lip.. but no lip, no thanks for me.

Keefe

Keefe

True, a polished lip would add to the RPM2's and I also would of liked

them more if they did.

BUT...at 18.9 pounds for 18 x 7.5" size and $179 per wheel (retail is $239 I think)

they are nearly impossible to beat.

Too many people seem to go for Just the look, but then spend a bunch more

and get heavier wheels, which decreases the performance of the car in

acceleration, handling, braking, and steering, not to mention extra wear and tear on

many parts.

That just doesn't make sense to me. Not having a polished lip is a MINOR con for

these wheels.

And 18 x 8 are too wide for me too. It throws up too much debris and rocks

on the side of the car. The 7.5 inch wides give a slightly more aggressive stance, but for the most part still stay under the wheel well.

And 18 x 8 are too wide for me too. It throws up too much debris and rocks

on the side of the car. The 7.5 inch wides give a slightly more aggressive stance, but for the most part still stay under the wheel well.

18x8 too wide? a 8" wide rim and a 7.5" wide rim can wear the same tire at 225/40/18.

The RPM2s are 18x7.5 @ +50mm offset, so it sits IN the wheel well.. My GT7s were 18x8 @+51mm offset and they still were IN the wheel well, no throwing rocks and stuff on the side of the car.

As for the price at $180 @ 19 lbs, my R1 GTR9s were $210 @ 19.5 lbs... same 18x7.5, but difference in offset of 8mm (the GTR9s sit wider apart than the RPM2s). The GTR9s come with a lip ;)

Keefe

Keefe

As for the price at $180 @ 19 lbs, my R1 GTR9s were $210 @ 19.5 lbs... same 18x7.5, but difference in offset of 8mm (the GTR9s sit wider apart than the RPM2s). The GTR9s come with a lip ;)

Keefe

I'm confused by this response here.

The R1 GTR9's were $180 or $210

and 19 lbs or 19.5??

I don't think I've seen those wheels, who makes them?

I'm confused by this response here.

The R1 GTR9's were $180 or $210

and 19 lbs or 19.5??

I don't think I've seen those wheels, who makes them?

You quoted the RPM2s at $180.

I bought my GTR9s at $210.

RPM2 = 18.9 lbs

GTR9 = 19.5 lbs

I have the GTR-9s..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xenonk2828/GT-Car/IC-GT2.jpg

R1 Racing makes them.

Keefe

Keefe

Those are nice! They do come with center caps?

Yes, they come with center caps, but they are bronze colored.. so I didnt put them on (and I dont like the logo of R1.. not to mention that you shouldn't have centercaps or hubcaps or any other removable objects on the wheels for the track use.. as you can see, they are my track wheels, notice my tires ;) )

Keefe

Keefe

Archived