LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Warning Beeping...make It Stop!

BoLo

it's not that hard -- just follow the directions here:http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6210&highlight=seatbelt+chime

personally, i've decided to leave mine on for the time being becuase I give rides to my co-workers often - and it's the only way to force them to use a seatbelt. ( i hate when people don't use a seatbelt in my car)

the seatbelt warning beepings real annoying...how do you deactivate the beeping? anyone else annoyed w/ it and figured out how to get rid of it...get @ me...thanks

How about use the seat belt?? Might work...

It beeps and beeps and beeps as long as the ignition key has the car running, regardless of the door open or closed. Wait, the car chimes when the door is open and the key is in the ignition, too. Are there two chimes going off? I never noticed.

Mine's off. It's too cold to sit in the car here in Massachusetts in the winter and too hot in the summer without the car running and heating/cooling.

I wear the seatbelt when I am moving. I want the choice to take it off when I'm not moving without a chime making me postal. It took one 5 minute session at the drive-in ATM to decide on what I was going to do.

That's why we have a choice on this matter, I guess.

It's too bad Subaru didn't tie into the speedo on this alarm and only make it go off if the car is moving.

i understand the importance of wearing the seatbelt, and i always do when the vehicles in motion, and i always make my passengers wear their seatbelt...its real annoying though when im jus idling for a few minutes w/o the seatbelt on...and the chime goes off like every 15 secs...dont u think? how do u make it stop?

i understand the importance of wearing the seatbelt, and i always do when the vehicles in motion, and i always make my passengers wear their seatbelt...its real annoying though when im jus idling for a few minutes w/o the seatbelt on...and the chime goes off like every 15 secs...dont u think? how do u make it stop?

The search button is your friend, you can turn that off .... do a search for disabling seat belt chime.

The answer to your question was in the first reply. Read up on it there. Its easy to do.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Maybe one of the moderators would like to sticky a thread on the seatbelt chime? It seems like people ask about it all the time. I know it was one of the first questions that I had on my car.

The thread that rallispec linked to in the second post could be a good choice...that is the same procedure that I got from the service manual.

This was important to me because I work inside the car cleaning it while it's cold outside; I like to have the ignition running and the heater on.

It took me a number of tries, but finally I got it. The key was making sure that when unbuckling, remove the belt latch far enough that the dash warning light came back on. I was not pulling the buckle out far enough.

So, I hope this is less confusing. The directions that were given are very simple, but I found myself wondering things like, "Do I sit in the car while doing this?" "Do I buckle and unbuckle MY seatbelt, or the passenger side seatbelt?" "Do I turn the key to 'ACC', or 'ON'?" "Do I remove the key when I'm done, or just start the car from here?"

Sit in driver's seat.

Turn key to "ON", NOT "ACC" (Some have written "ACC"). I didn't start the car; it might work that way, but i didn't do it.

Buckle and unbuckle your driver's side seat belt 20 times in succession, making sure that 1) each time you buckle it, you buckle it completely, and 2) each time you unbuckle it, the dashboard warning light comes on (only one person made that point clear). Use two hands, it's easier to work at the right speed that way. It might work with the passenger side belt too, but it definitely works with the driver's side belt.

Turn key off and remove it from the ignition. Start the car with your seatbelt unbuckled, to check the results of your work.

That might make it clearer.

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

It's too bad Subaru didn't tie into the speedo on this alarm and only make it go off if the car is moving.

That's odd, mine does that. I suppose that's one of the many differences between the US version and the Australian/JDM versions. Same with passenger side.

That's odd, mine does that. I suppose that's one of the many differences between the US version and the Australian/JDM versions. Same with passenger side.

That is odd. Makes me wonder if it's software and not hardware. Wouldn't that be nice.

Of course hacking a $30K car is different than hacking a $100 motherboard bios. It's easier just to turn it off. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived