LegacyGT.com

cars that are always electrically hot versus our car?

SpawnGT

Wierd question or maybe its more a desire to know why subaru implemented this in our car and other manufacters implement the latter in theirs.

My friend just bought a left over 2008 Audi A4 2.0T FSI, and all the electronic components in the car are always hot (meaning electrically active, even after the key has been removed). I'm referring to the cigarette outlets, the radio can be turned on by just holding the power button for 5 seconds. In addition the ciggerette outlet in the trunk is always on. WHy is it that in my subaru once the key is removed everything in the car is dead?

Can someone please shell out some details as to why Audi did this? how it can be benfifical to the owner of one car and other?

audi did it so people that know can break into an audi, listen to some music and have a source to light their cigarettes while they're in there

That makes total sense...i smoked up my friends audi while he was sleeping, and even brought in a portable George Formin grill and made fajitas. lol :lol:

Archived