LegacyGT.com

Invidia Down Pipe Install

tetsulo

Got my car back with the Invidia Catless this morning. Along with new SS brake lines, EBC reds, ATE Blue Fluid and an oil change.

First time the foot goes on the gas, I hear a nasty rattling/clanking sound.

I bought the DP a few months ago from RallySportDirect after they insisted that the issues with fitment and the wastegate clearance had been resolved for V3. Fitment was great, but....

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone know how to tell if you actually got a V3 pipe? I ordered a V3 pipe, but who knows what they shipped me...

Oh, and Invidia is claiming this is the FIRST TIME they've heard of this problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Out of curiosity, has anyone else with Invidia DP problems called and/or emailed them?

I'd like to call them back with proof they're lying...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I called them and asked if it was an issue and if they resolved it, and the person that i talked to there said that he has heard of the WG flapper hitting. But only a few of them, so really i think its hit or miss. Installed mine with no issues.

I'm starting to wonder if it's quality control issues with the DP's, (the newer DP's have obviously been ground down from the factory, but maybe some not quite enough?) or if it's differences in the turbos...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't see any email address on their site, but I didn't look very hard. I'm probably going to call them on Tuesday to let them know. I was under the impression that it was fixed as well when I bought it.

Let me know if this is the "first time they've heard of the problem"...again. :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

just to bump this thread up again...

i recently purchased an invidia catted DP for a 5MT from subimods.com. i installed it and my boost was spiking up to 20-21psi in 2nd and 3rd gear before the CEL went on. i pulled the code and it was P0244 which everyone seems to be having an issue on with the divorced wastegate plate.

i took the DP off and shaved it down like other people have, installed it back on and bam. hitting 17-18psi with a nice strong pull, no CEL.

thanks legacygt.com :)

It seems a lot of people are having a hard time with that bottom nut. Here's what I've learned from the 6 times or so I've taken off my DP in the last 4 years. If you leave the DP at the very end of the studs (i.e. about an inch from mating up with the turbo) and put that nut of first letting it push the down pipe on the rest of the way onto the studs. This will make the job much easier as is the size of the bell mouth and how abruptly it needs to start pointing down that makes this nut near impossible to put on. I hope this helps ad I have a invidia cat less and never had problems with the wg hitting fwiw. I wonder what the % of people having this issue is? Anyone care to start a poll?

i had more trouble getting that bottom nut OFF, haha. even with an 14mm open end wrench, it was hard to reach in there and get enough torque to break it loose.

anyways, i'm not sure which version invidia catted DP i had for the 5MT. i guess there are 3 different versions out there, but do they ALL have problems?

Archived