LegacyGT.com

opinions on a 2006 spec B

Where in MD?

Find out what you can about the history of the car. If the owner was a member here, and a lot of us are, you may be able to get a hold of him/her, or see postings re: experiences while s/he had it.

Whether it is a good price depends a lot on how it was driven, its mod history, whether the mods were done properly, proper maintenance, etc. I don't know if the fact it was a limited edition factors into the price all that much. With 83k, I would have guessed the price would be a little less, perhaps $1000, than you quoted.

My '06 Spec.B has 86k and it has been a simply phenomenal car. I have not yet spent one penny on repairs, if you count wheel alignments as maintenance. The only problem was both rear wheel bearings failing but they were replaced free at 60k miles under the extended warrantly coverage Subaru provided. I have done no engine mods; just a Borla catback, JDM tail lights, upgraded speakers, etc. I haven't even had any light bulbs fail yet. It amazes me. Everything that will wear out sooner or later is still original; brakes, battery, clutch, turbo, etc. I've kept up with the recommended maintenance (done by dealer) and done oil changes myself about every 4000 miles. The car still runs and handles as if it were new. If the one you are looking at is in anywhere near the same condition, it's probably worth what they are asking.

After following this forum for 3 years, it seems like the '06 LGT's as a group have held up quite well. The Spec.B suspension should probably hold up a bit better than the regular LGT suspension but otherwise I'd guess they age comparably.

If it were me, I'd be more comfortable with the purchase the more stock the car is. Too many unknowns with major mods. A heavy modder may well drive the car harder which could mean more problems after 83k.

Archived