LegacyGT.com

Potential purchase, some questions

panzer

Greetings all.

New member here. I've been reading up in the forums, a lot of great info here with some very knowledgeable people. I've been looking for a Legacy and one has recently popped up on my radar, an 08 2.5 manual with about 35k mi. I've just got a few questions for you guys about it.

I've read a lot about the head gasket issues but it looks like that was limited to earlier models. Was there a specific year that was resolved? Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the fix was? New gasket material, tighter head bolts, etc? I get the impression I wouldn't have to worry about that problem on an 08 but I'd just like to make sure.

Does that year have any particular quirks or problems to watch out for? I'm pretty handy and can tackle a fair number of problems myself but I'd like to know what might be in store for me in the future. Cooling system, clutch, transmission, driveline, electrics, that sort of thing. I'm sure with an 08 I'd be better off than with an earlier model but I fully intend to drive this car for several years so I want to take the big picture into account.

Thanks for the info guys. Have a good one!

i own a 2.5 manual and i love it.... as far as anything you should know about i would say that subaru worked out its kinks with the 07 and before models.....there were some spec B issues but if you are looking at a 2.5 you should be good.

Subaru treats its owners very well...

GL!!

No real issues...I am on my second 2.5SE. How set are you on the 08? I have found 09 models on cars.com for not much more money plus you get stability control and Harmon Kardon upgraded sound system. Stick shifts are harder to find since most 09's I found were former rental cars.

No real issues...I am on my second 2.5SE. How set are you on the 08? I have found 09 models on cars.com for not much more money plus you get stability control and Harmon Kardon upgraded sound system. Stick shifts are harder to find since most 09's I found were former rental cars.

Having tried both sound systems back to back, the HK is definitely better than what's in the '08.

Archived