LegacyGT.com

How to determine a bent control arm?

+1. I went over a curb or should I say parking garage island... :( ... and would like to know if I bent my A arms too.

I know my alignment went out of whack but my A arms look pretty straight. I guess I could put a straight edge to it and really find out if they are straight but are they really straight from the factory?

Surprisingly my 18" Prodrives weren't bent. I hit and I went over that thing at what must have been 10mph. The Fumoto valve lost use of it's arm but held the oil in the pan without problems.

if your lower control arm is bent, your wheel will likely look further back in the wheel opening on one side versus the other. damage to the lower control arm is generally something you can see if you have both wheels off to look.

if it is only slightly bent, you may need to have the vehicle up on a lift so you can measure off some points to tell; such as from the lower ball joint to the bolt that holds in the lower control arm on the subframe.

Any pulling of the vehicle one way or another is also a sign.

I have this problem, when my wheel is centered I get a hard pull to the right. to get the car to go straight it needs to be slightly turned to the left.

Sound like a tweaked control arm? could it be bent just so slightly that I cant see it.

I have this problem, when my wheel is centered I get a hard pull to the right. to get the car to go straight it needs to be slightly turned to the left.

Sound like a tweaked control arm? could it be bent just so slightly that I cant see it.

Something in the front end is tweaked. Could be control arm, could be tie rod. Whatever it is, don't wait too long because it will quickly eat up tires and can become dangerous to drive.:spin:

• 3 years later...
I think i have a slightly bend control arm. My swaybar is pushed slightly back and keeps eating the urethane bushing. The drivers side is perfect and the car just had an alignment as well. But the swaybar i have , whiteline 22mm keeps wedging the bushing and ripping it.

Archived